Kiewit Corporation Safety Coordinator - Kiewit Underground in Newbergh, New York
Date: Oct 8, 2017
Location: Newbergh, NY, US
Requisition ID: 67102
Kiewit is one of North America's largest and most respected construction and engineering organizations. With its roots dating back to 1884, the employee-owned company operates through a network of offices and projects in the United States, Canada, Mexico and Australia. Kiewit offers construction and engineering services in a variety of markets including transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building and mining. Kiewit had 2016 revenues of $8.6 billion and employs more than 20,000 staff and craft employees.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Consistently recognized as one of the best places to work in North America and in 2015, named one of Fortune’s Most Admired Companies
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from day one of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development, and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
• Assist in planning, organizing and implementing district Safety Management Programs at industrial construction projects.
• Conduct safety training, job safety analysis, workplace audits and incident response as needed.
• Embody the Kiewit approach to safety, being constantly aware of conditions and work practices, being empowered to stop all unsafe work when needed.
• Ten or more years’ relevant construction experience with a minimum of five years’ EHS experience.
• OSHA 30 certification.
• Current HAZWOPER, LOTO and Confined Space.
• Ability to work in highly specific work environment (excavations/tunnels) and around related equipment.
• Ability and willingness to relocate to project sites across the USA and/or Canada for an extended period of time.
• Fast-paced project site and project office environment; Working outdoors, below grade and underground. Must be able to interact professionally with all levels of craft, staff and management while simultaneously managing a diversified workload and challenging situations efficiently and effectively; regularly sit, stand, walk and talk and listen; occasionally lift and move up objects up to 30 pounds.
• Travel in the U.S. and internationally to project areas as needed.
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Job Segment: Engineer, Wastewater, Water Treatment, Engineering