Kiewit Corporation Field Support Coordinator/Modeler in Nebraska
Date: Sep 6, 2017
Location: NE, US
Requisition ID: 68043
Kiewit is one of North America's largest and most respected construction and engineering organizations. With its roots dating back to 1884, the employee-owned company operates through a network of offices and projects in the United States, Canada, Mexico and Australia. Kiewit offers construction and engineering services in a variety of markets including transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building and mining. Kiewit had 2016 revenues of $8.6 billion and employs more than 20,000 staff and craft employees.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Consistently recognized as one of the best places to work in North America and in 2015, named one of Fortune’s Most Admired Companies
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from day one of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development, and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
The VDC Field Support Coordinator will assist the KIE VDC group’s efforts on providing active projects technical and procedural assistance. This role will focus on establishing / training procedures for project teams to take 3D design information from design processes to construction processes. The Field Support Coordinator will have the ability to up skill and train the project teams to efficiently utilize tools like Microstation, AutoCad and Trimble Business Center. This role is expected to assist the project teams with implementing the procedures and check points listed in the duties and responsibilities below.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Work with project teams to establish a good working relationship & understand the project, assist with organizing and implementing procedures to collect all data necessary to properly work plan and build the work.
• Work with designers and the project team to make sure there is a clear understanding of the contract requirements for maintaining survey information during the design and construction phases. This includes incorporating existing conditions, early construction data collection, how all site changes, and as-built information are recorded through the life of the project for proper turnover at completion.
• Ensure the project is following contract requirements and has established primary control accurately. This may require using a Subcontractor who is a licensed land surveyor in the state in which the work is preformed, with a proven track record of experience on Kiewit projects. This role may be asked to facilitate/implement information exchanges between Kiewit and the Subcontractor
• This role may assist or advise the job team in the acquisition of all survey / machine control equipment along with the latest updates and proper communications setup. This will require the role to understand how to choose the most productive cost effective solutions utilizing best practices, current technologies, and solid vendor relations.
• This role will need to understand design and construction concepts related to:
• Geometry - CL, vertical profiles
• Surfaces – Boundaries, triangulation, break lines, feature naming, styles
• Corridors and cross sections in both Microstation, Civil 3d and Trimble Business Center
• Work with the VDC Coordinators to maximize usefulness of the design intent model for use with survey layout, machine control and work planning use cases. This will include assisting the designers with development and release of the design intent model for proper use in the construction use cases needed by each project team.
• Work with project team and internal KIE resources to implement a sound plan for file storage, data management, and document workflows related to work planning and survey use cases.
Future Growth Opportunities
• Must have Virtual Design Experience with Construction industry
• Degree in Engineering, Drafting, Geomatics, Survey or Construction Managment
• Willing to travel up to 75% of the time
• Strong written and vebal skills
• Strong Software knowledge of AutoDesk, Mircorstaition and Trimble Business Center (min. of 5 years)
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Job Segment: Field Service, Drafting, Engineer, Construction, Data Management, Manufacturing, Engineering, Data