Kiewit Corporation Field/Office Engineer- Water/Wastewater in Nationwide- Various Cities, Colorado
Date: May 17, 2017
Location: Nationwide- Various Cities, CO, US
Requisition ID: 65562
Kiewit is one of North America's largest and most respected construction and engineering organizations. With its roots dating back to 1884, the employee-owned company operates through a network of offices and projects in the United States, Canada, Mexico and Australia. Kiewit offers construction and engineering services in a variety of markets including transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building and mining. Kiewit had 2016 revenues of $8.6 billion and employs more than 20,000 staff and craft employees.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Consistently recognized as one of the best places to work in North America and in 2015, named one of Fortune’s Most Admired Companies
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from day one of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development, and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit’s water/wastewater group is currently seeking construction engineers! This position will specialize in water/wastewater work. Kiewit self performs much of the work done, so be ready to get on a project and get your hands dirty! We are looking for people committed to the construction industry and not design.
As a Field/Office Engineer you will be introduced to a variety of office and field activities as well as estimating in order to develop your understanding of construction. During your first few years you can expect to spend time learning and working on shop drawings, submittals, schedules, take offs, pay requests, contract changes and project documentation. While learning these things you will have the opportunity to travel the country building complex projects that make a profound impact on communities.
We have projects all across the United States, in large cities and small towns, so our people must be willing to go where the work is. Job assignment location will be determined approximately 30 days out from start date.
• Degree in Construction Management, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or a closely related degree
• 0-5 years construction/engineering experience
• Must be willing to relocate for first assignment and throughout career
• Committed to the construction industry and not the design industry- this is a hands on, construction career
• Interest in water/wastewater construction
• Knowledge and passion for construction safety- OSHA certification preferred
• Ability to read and interpret construction drawings and specifications
• Working knowledge of computers and experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point
• Strong organizational, time management and multi-tasking skills
• Strong written and verbal communications skills
• Good attention to detail, with the ability to recognize discrepancies
• Strong work ethic - willing to do what it takes to get the job done. This position will require more than 40 hours/week.
• The ability to access all points of a construction site in wide-ranging climates, environment and terrain
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Job Segment: Construction, Architecture, Engineer, Field Engineer, Construction Engineer, Engineering