Kiewit Corporation Sr. Substation Engineer- Lenexa, Raleigh, Phoenix, Portland, Fairfield, Detroit/Ann Arbor in Multiple Locations, Kansas
Date: Sep 6, 2017
Location: Multiple Locations, KS, US
Requisition ID: 56223
Kiewit is one of North America's largest and most respected construction and engineering organizations. With its roots dating back to 1884, the employee-owned company operates through a network of offices and projects in the United States, Canada, Mexico and Australia. Kiewit offers construction and engineering services in a variety of markets including transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building and mining. Kiewit had 2016 revenues of $8.6 billion and employs more than 20,000 staff and craft employees.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Consistently recognized as one of the best places to work in North America and in 2015, named one of Fortune’s Most Admired Companies
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from day one of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development, and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
On our team, you’ll have the opportunity to see more and do more than you ever imagined. Working hard will not only bring you the satisfaction of a job well done, but will help propel you forward in your career faster than you may expect. We’ll train you, develop your skills and allow you to take on power projects that will impact millions across North America. With top-notch health benefits, a wealth-building 401k plan and unbeatable growth opportunities, by joining Kiewit, you’re ensuring a lifetime of success.
• Work with project team to create all design documents and drawings, including one and three-line diagrams, protection and control schematics, communications diagrams, wiring diagrams, substation layout plan, section and detail drawings and application of mark-ups for project built drawings.
• Specification development for the procurement, installation and testing of substation equipment.
• Apply engineering application software to complete engineering tasks such as ground grid design, equipment sizing, relay coordination, and electrical studies.
• Communicate and coordinate project activities with project lead, customer representatives, and other stakeholders.
• Bachelor of Science degree (B.S.) in electrical engineering from an ABET accredited university
• At least seven-ten years’ experience performing engineering related duties
• Knowledge of engineering standards including NEC, NESC, NEMA, IEEE and ANSI
• Eligibility to take Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) exam or Engineer-In-Training (EIT) license
• legally able to work within the United States for any length of time
• Strong written and verbal communication skills; fluent in English language
• Fast-paced office environment; must be able to interact professionally with all levels of management while simultaneously manage a diversified workload and challenging situations efficiently and effectively; regularly sit, stand, walk and talk and listen; occasionally lift and move up objects up to 30 pounds.
• Travel in the U.S. and internationally (50-75%).
How we’re different
• Benefits coverage begins on your first day of employment
• Industry leading paid time off
• One of the top 401(k)/RRSP plans across all industries
• Tuition reimbursement up to $5,250 annually
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Job Segment: Engineer, Construction, Electrical, Procurement, Electrical Engineering, Engineering, Operations