Kiewit Corporation Sr EHS Manager-Tula, Hidalgo in Mexico, Texas
Date: Jul 14, 2017
Location: Mexico, TX, US
Requisition ID: 67149
Kiewit is one of North America's largest and most respected construction and engineering organizations. With its roots dating back to 1884, the employee-owned company operates through a network of offices and projects in the United States, Canada, Mexico and Australia. Kiewit offers construction and engineering services in a variety of markets including transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building and mining. Kiewit had 2016 revenues of $8.6 billion and employs more than 20,000 staff and craft employees.
• Manage the company environmental health and safety programs at the project level, driving a safety-oriented approach to work.
• Understanding and knowledge of Mexico safety laws and NOMs.
• HSE program at the project site.
• Interact with client on HSE matters.
• Manage safety budget and buyouts of HSE related items.
• Manage site doctors and paramedics.
• Compile, analyze, and interpret occupational illness and accident statistical data at the project level; recommend process and product safety features that will reduce employee exposure to chemical, physical, and biological work hazards.
• Routinely inspect the facilities, machinery, and safety equipment in order to identify and correct potential hazards, and to ensure safety regulation compliance.
• Routinely monitor the workforce for unsafe behaviors and coach employees on the correct behaviors when observed.
• Develop environmental health and safety training materials to include manuals, brochures, PowerPoint presentations etc.
• Develop a paperwork management system to track training records to track all safety training initiatives conducted personally or by outside consultants/vendors.
• Interpret safety regulations for the project.
• Coordinate and present safety training to support client requirements including new hire orientation, fall protection, confined space, lockout/tagout and repertory.
• Interface with Occupational Safety and Health (OSHA) (state or federal) officials/inspectors in the event or a site visit.
• At least ten years’ experience managing construction projects in an environmental health and safety related area
• Demonstrated ability to manage all aspects of a safety program on projects of increasing complexity
• Knowledge of OSHA regulations and hazard recognition, record keeping and injury management skills
• CPR/First Aid, Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) certification and OSHA/MSHA instructor certifications are preferred
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Job Segment: Engineer, Manager, Wastewater, Water Treatment, Compliance, Engineering, Management, Legal