Kiewit Corporation Safety Engineer-Puerto Progreso, Yucatan in Mexico, Texas
Date: Jun 7, 2017
Location: Mexico, TX, US
Requisition ID: 66021
Kiewit is one of North America's largest and most respected construction and engineering organizations. With its roots dating back to 1884, the employee-owned company operates through a network of offices and projects in the United States, Canada, Mexico and Australia. Kiewit offers construction and engineering services in a variety of markets including transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building and mining. Kiewit had 2016 revenues of $8.6 billion and employs more than 20,000 staff and craft employees.
• Effectively monitor the company environmental health and safety programs at the project level, driving a safety-oriented approach to work.
• Routinely monitor the workforce for unsafe behaviors and coach employees on the correct behaviors when observed; develop and monitor safety recognition programs.
• Continually inspect the facilities, machinery, and safety equipment in order to identify and correct potential hazards, and to ensure safety policy/regulation compliance.
• Assist supervision with root cause investigations, lessons learned and the development of solutions and training material to resolve safety issues and ensure timeliness of corrective actions.
• Recommend process and product safety features that will reduce employee exposure to chemical, physical, and biological work hazards.
• Assist in testing of air quality, noise, etc. levels to verify compliance with environmental health and safety regulations.
• Serve as the head of the safety committee and direct weekly and monthly meetings in the absence of Project EHS Manager.
• Propose, organize and facilitate relevant safety trainings for all employees including task planning and events.
• Review Job Hazard Analysis, S.L.A.M, and / or Personal Health Records (PHR’s); conduct and/or coordinate training in areas such as safety laws and regulations, hazardous condition monitoring and use of safety equipment.
• Accompany employees to any work-related medical visits in the absence of Project EHS Manager.
• Assist with conducting and coordinating mass, foremen and staff schedules and daily safety meetings.
• At least 2 years’ experience managing industrial construction projects in an environmental health and safety related area
• Demonstrated ability to manage aspects of a safety program on projects of increasing complexity
• Knowledge of Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA)/Occupational Safety and Health (OSHA) regulations and hazard recognition, record keeping and injury management skills
• CPR/First Aid, Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) certification are preferred
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Job Segment: Safety Engineer, Construction, Engineer, Air Quality, Wastewater, Engineering