Kiewit Corporation Pipe/Mech Inspector-Puerto Progreso, Yucatan in Mexico, Texas
Date: Jun 7, 2017
Location: Mexico, TX, US
Requisition ID: 66022
Kiewit is one of North America's largest and most respected construction and engineering organizations. With its roots dating back to 1884, the employee-owned company operates through a network of offices and projects in the United States, Canada, Mexico and Australia. Kiewit offers construction and engineering services in a variety of markets including transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building and mining. Kiewit had 2016 revenues of $8.6 billion and employs more than 20,000 staff and craft employees.
The Quality Inspector will primarily have responsibility for inspections and tests pertaining to a specific craft such as welding, piping, concrete or mechanical, electrical, etc. In addition the Quality Inspector will perform other duties as directed by his/her supervisor. To maximize his/her effectiveness, the Quality Inspector must develop a thorough understanding of the project scope and schedule as they relate to his/her specific assignment.
- Technical responsibilities
• Have a thorough knowledge of the Projects Quality Management System, work instructions and procedures.
• Ensure work is performed to established technical requirements defined by project documentation including drawings, specifications, procedures, inspection & test plans and work instructions.
• Generate project quality plans, inspection & test plans, and procedures.
• Planning and developing the necessary documentation in connection with the implementation and follow up of Quality Programs for project completion.
• Work with Construction Supervisors, Schedulers, Planners regarding development and implementation of the project quality system.
• Developing inspection and test plans.
- Administrative responsibilities
• Drafts work plans with checklists and reports quality issues.
• Program measurement.
• Coordinate work with other co-workers on the job.
• Perform other duties as required by supervisor or manager.
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Job Segment: Inspection, Welding Inspector, Engineer, Electrical, Welding, Engineering, Manufacturing