Kiewit Corporation Electrical/Instrumentation Inspector-Puerto Progreso, Yucatan in Mexico, Texas
Date: Jun 7, 2017
Location: Mexico, TX, US
Requisition ID: 66024
Kiewit is one of North America's largest and most respected construction and engineering organizations. With its roots dating back to 1884, the employee-owned company operates through a network of offices and projects in the United States, Canada, Mexico and Australia. Kiewit offers construction and engineering services in a variety of markets including transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building and mining. Kiewit had 2016 revenues of $8.6 billion and employs more than 20,000 staff and craft employees.
The Quality Inspector will primarily have responsibility for inspections and tests pertaining to a specific craft such as welding, piping, concrete or mechanical, electrical, instrumentation etc. In addition the Quality Inspector will perform other duties as directed by his/her supervisor. To maximize his/her effectiveness, the Quality Inspector must develop a thorough understanding of the project scope and schedule as they relate to his/her specific assignment.
- Technical responsibilities
• Have a thorough knowledge of the Projects Quality Management System, work instructions and procedures.
• Ensure work is performed to established technical requirements defined by project documentation including drawings, specifications, procedures, inspection & test plans and work instructions.
• Generate project quality plans, inspection & test plans, and procedures.
• Planning and developing the necessary documentation in connection with the implementation and follow up of Quality Programs for project completion.
• Work with Construction Supervisors, Schedulers, Planners regarding development and implementation of the project quality system.
• Developing inspection and test plans.
- Administrative responsibilities
• Drafts work plans with checklists and reports quality issues.
• Program measurement.
• Coordinate work with other co-workers on the job.
• Perform other duties as required by supervisor or manager.
KEY COMPETENCY DESCRIPTION
Quality Regulation Knowledge Understands quality programs or regulation specific to Kiewit, a project, client, or region; applies the requirements as appropriate. Practices continued learning of quality regulations and permits.
Personal Motivation Demonstrates self-confidence with assignments. Shows initiative, and doesn't need reminding.
Developmental Focus Seeks opportunities for personal and career growth. Open to coaching, learns from experience and seeks out assignments to increase abilities.
Time Management Establishes priorities, allocates time to maximize benefits. Able to manage time and competing priorities while maintaining a work/life balance.
Effective Communication Clearly conveys messages and ideas, and gains understanding. Generates interest and holds attention, listens and is open to the ideas of others.
Interpersonal Relations Gains trust and respect of others. Does not become defensive, rationalize or blame mistakes on others. Seeks collaboration and treats others with respect and dignity.
Integrity Conducts business to the highest ethical standards and takes responsibility for all actions. Honours commitments and avoids conflicts of interests.
Safety Supervises job-level safety plan, communicates and reinforces safety expectations; never walks by an unsafe act or condition.
Personal Organization Arranges and manages personal workplace and materials in a responsible and organized way.
Drive for Results Demonstrates a commitment to continuous improvement for self, stretches to make meaningful individual contribution to the team.
CODE OF ETHICS
Kiewit requires the highest standard of ethics in all business dealings, in particular with customers, suppliers, advisors, employees and authorities. The Quality Inspector shall actively ensure that his/her own activities and those of all employees within the project meet this obligation. Kiewit’s critical standards and procedures related to expected conduct are detailed on the company website. The Quality Inspector is expected to be familiar with and champion these policies and ensure that they are implemented in all areas of control.
Safety is paramount on any Kiewit operation. The Quality Inspector is expected to be familiar with the company’s safety program and enforce the safety policy always. Never walk past an unsafe act.
• Engineering or related degree with an emphasis in Quality or equivalent degree/work experience.
• Familiarity with Program implementation, measurement, and reporting.
• Must have adequate computer skills, and be able to interpret codes and specifications.
• Good attention to detail, with the ability to recognize discrepancies.
• Effective oral and written communication skills.
• Must possess strong organizational and time management skills.
• Willingness, ability and enthusiasm for travel on business needs.
• Exhibits integrity & ethical behavior in all things; understands Kiewit ethics policy of knowing and acting within policies and practices.
• Must be a self-starter and highly motivated with the desire to do what it takes to get the job done.
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Job Segment: Inspection, Welding Inspector, Instrumentation, Engineer, Electrical, Engineering, Manufacturing