Kiewit Corporation Electrical Field Engineer in Mexico, Texas
Date: Jun 6, 2017
Location: Mexico, TX, US
Requisition ID: 65971
Kiewit is one of North America's largest and most respected construction and engineering organizations. With its roots dating back to 1884, the employee-owned company operates through a network of offices and projects in the United States, Canada, Mexico and Australia. Kiewit offers construction and engineering services in a variety of markets including transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building and mining. Kiewit had 2016 revenues of $8.6 billion and employs more than 20,000 staff and craft employees.
• You will support both administrative and construction activities as assigned by the supervisor, reviewing proposals/specifications, drawings, perform material takeoffs, prepare cost estimates and attend pre-bid investigation meetings
• In this position you will also learn how to supervise subcontractors and communicate with vendors
• Preparing work plans, assuring quality control, managing and tracking costs and materials, scheduling equipment, administering safety programs and maintaining exceptional owner relations will fall within the job duties as well
• Working with Superintendent and craft on project within electrical discipline
• Graduated with a degree in Construction Management, Engineering or related degree.
• At least 5 years of construction experience
• Knowledge of construction safety and current federal & OSHA Requirements.
• Broad knowledge and ability to understand project scheduling and cost control, and to read and understand project owner specifications and engineering drawings.
• Working knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office. Familiarity with SureTrak, Hard Dollar, Revit, SAP, Pro Log and/or Primavera “P6” is a plus.
• Strong organizational and time management skills.
• Strong written and verbal communications skills.
• Good attention to detail, with the ability to recognize discrepancies.
• Strong work ethic – Highly motivated and willing to do what it takes to get the job done right.
• The ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
• The ability to freely access all points of a construction site in wide-ranging climates and environment.
• The ability to travel and/or relocate as required.
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Job Segment: Construction, Engineer, Electrical, ERP, Field Engineer, Engineering, Technology