Kiewit Corporation Tank Superintendent-Mexico City in Mexico City, Texas
Date: Aug 31, 2017
Location: Mexico City, TX, US
Requisition ID: 65965
Kiewit is one of North America's largest and most respected construction and engineering organizations. With its roots dating back to 1884, the employee-owned company operates through a network of offices and projects in the United States, Canada, Mexico and Australia. Kiewit offers construction and engineering services in a variety of markets including transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building and mining. Kiewit had 2016 revenues of $8.6 billion and employs more than 20,000 staff and craft employees.
• Supervises all discipline and front line supervisors for tank installation and tank refurbishment.
• Manages manpower, materials and equipment.
• Supports his discipline field engineer in the preparation of work plans along with field engineers along with supervisors and ensure its execution.
• Is responsible for complying to the construction specifications, meeting the schedule and performing within budget.
• Examines/inspects field conditions and reports all potential problems, inaccuracies, and cost saving measures that arise or that may be encountered. Implements all corrective actions as required.
• Understand and implement tank quality program.
• Forms and leads an effective team of craft superintendants, delegates responsibilities and set goals.
• Develops and maintains open communications with crews, Field Engineers/Coordinators, Safety QA/QC and clients.
• Involves the general foremen & foremen in the development, execution and monitoring of «work plans and schedules» based on the project master plan; assists them in the preparation of 1-week and 3-week short interval schedules.
• Ensures that the manpower, equipment, tools, materials and design necessary to support the planned operations as per the schedule is readily available.
• Promotes the company's concerns for the safety and welfare of all our employees.
• Monitors the unit man-hour performance report on a weekly basis.
• Reads and understands drawings, contract plans, API 650 and 653 codes.
• Minimum of 15 years' related experience in an industrial, oil and gas and tank construction environment with a significant track record in overseeing large tank construction and refurbishment project.
• Trade/craft journeyman certificate and/ or technical diploma and/or engineering degree in any of the field pertinent to our construction operations.
• Working knowledge of API 650 and API 653 Codes and plate work welding methods (SAW, SMAW, FCAW).
• Experienced in erecting an API 650 field tank ideally as Superintendent, or as a General Foreman or Field/Project Engineer
• Be fully cognizant of the erection sequence and techniques
• Ability to troubleshoot the equipment: vertimatics, 3 o’clock welders, LT 7 etc…
• Understand the risks associated with the erection of the tanks from Safety through construction issues (i.e. working at heights, pinch points, wind conditions, shifting foundations, temperature changes during the day, Peaking and banding, etc..)
• Advanced knowledge of various construction disciplines, union agreements and jurisdictional issues, safety regulations, scheduling, cost control, engineering drawings and other documents,
• Demonstrated ability to efficiently supervise and evaluate craft performance.
• Ability to travel/work in Mexico, Canada, and US
• Bilingual in English and Spanish
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Job Segment: Construction, Engineer, Electrical, Welding, Project Engineer, Engineering, Manufacturing