Kiewit Corporation Materials Coordinator in Mexico City, Texas
Date: Jun 2, 2017
Location: Mexico City, TX, US
Requisition ID: 65909
Kiewit is one of North America's largest and most respected construction and engineering organizations. With its roots dating back to 1884, the employee-owned company operates through a network of offices and projects in the United States, Canada, Mexico and Australia. Kiewit offers construction and engineering services in a variety of markets including transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building and mining. Kiewit had 2016 revenues of $8.6 billion and employs more than 20,000 staff and craft employees.
• Monitor and support the activities of personnel engaged in buying materials, equipment, machinery and supplies.
• Provide project support for staff interfacing with site management and equipment vendors, subcontractors and service providers.
• Implement policies and procedures in the areas of procurement and inventory control.
• Participate in the completion of large project mobilization and/or demobilization efforts.
• Represent the company in logistical negotiations and coordination with suppliers.
• Resolve vendor or contractor grievances, and claims against suppliers.
• Implement and monitor site-specific purchasing and material control plan.
• Communicate and train material management procedures to project team.
• Manage and maintain material related software on projects of varying size and scope.
• Demonstrated capacity to manage and maintain advanced material handling software and databases
• Basic knowledge of site purchasing, execution, estimating and their impact on material management
• Ability to participate in project work planning
• Knowledge of the project goals and how to contribute to those goals
• Working knowledge of prime contract flow downs for suppliers and subcontractor terms and conditions
• Demonstrated ability to track equipment, materials, labor budgets, trends and forecasts
• Ability to utilize reporting skills including monitoring progress curves, developing procurement status reports, developing material and equipment status reports, and completing budget and actual reports
• Risk evaluation, mitigation and claims management skills
• Strong leadership and management skills
• Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to work in teams
• At least three-five years’ experience in a supply chain and/or construction related role
• Ability to relocate for long and short-term field assignments
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Job Segment: Chemical Research, Engineer, Procurement, Supply, Wastewater, Engineering, Operations