Kiewit Corporation Concrete Finishner in Little Rock, Arkansas
Date: Sep 20, 2017
Location: Little Rock, AR, US
Requisition ID: 65144
Kiewit is one of North America's largest and most respected construction and engineering organizations. With its roots dating back to 1884, the employee-owned company operates through a network of offices and projects in the United States, Canada, Mexico and Australia. Kiewit offers construction and engineering services in a variety of markets including transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building and mining. Kiewit had 2016 revenues of $8.6 billion and employs more than 20,000 staff and craft employees.
• Spreads concrete to specified depth and workable consistency, using float to bring water to surface and produce soft topping.
• Levels, smoothes, and shapes surfaces of freshly poured concrete, using straight edge and float or power screed.
• Finishes concrete surfaces, using power trowel, or wets and rubs concrete with abrasive stone to impart finish.
• Removes rough or defective spots from concrete surfaces, using power grinder or chisel and hammer and patches holes with fresh concrete or epoxy compound.
• Molds expansion joints and edges, using edging tools, jointers, and straight edge.
• May produce rough concrete surface, using broom to produce prescribed finish.
• May mix cement, using hoe or concrete-mixing machine.
• May direct sub-grade work, mixing of concrete, and setting of forms.
• May specialize in walls, steps, slabs and vertical or elevated structures.
Perform other duties as necessary and directed by supervisor.
Must be able to illustrate journeyman level knowledge on selecting, mixing, pouring, and finishing concrete.
Have knowledge on materials, tools, and processes involved with basic building techniques and form construction.
Experience working with concrete, concrete patching and dry finishing.
Have verifiable experience as concrete finisher.
Must maintain consistent and punctual attendance.
Ability to read and interpret plans and specifications.
Ability to use mixers, and grinding equipment.
Must be proficient in the use of hand and power tools.
Repairing and modifying of concrete.
Ability to perform duties and operation of tools of the trade in strict compliance with OSHA rules.
Building and Construction - Knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in concrete finish work and carpentry.
Mechanical - Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
May operate hand and power tools of all types; air hammer, cement mixer, small mechanical hoists, surveying and measuring equipment, and a variety of other equipment and instruments.
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Little Rock
Job Segment: Construction, Engineer, Electrical, Carpenter, Compliance, Engineering, Manufacturing, Legal