Kiewit Corporation Piping Materials Chief Engineer in Lenexa, Kansas
Date: May 17, 2017
Location: Lenexa, KS, US
Kiewit is one of North America's largest and most respected construction and engineering organizations. With its roots dating back to 1884, the employee-owned company operates through a network of offices and projects in the United States, Canada and Australia. Kiewit offers construction and engineering services in a variety of markets including transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building and mining. Kiewit had 2015 revenues of $9 billion and employs more than 22,000 staff and craft employees.
- Provide technical expertise on piping materials for a variety of markets and applications.
• Code expert in B31.1, B31.3, and B31.8 preferred.
• Familiarity with piping material selection and compatibility
• Ability to answer engineering related questions relating to pipe welding and post-weld heat treatment.
• Expert point of contact for piping material related field issues.
- Position would be concerned with all aspects of design of various piping system components like pipes, fittings, valves and special items
• Master Coordinator for Pipe Codes.
• Provide input on selection and procurement of various piping system components like pipes, fittings, valves and special items at a piping engineering department level
• Actively engaged in department level quality control of piping system component design and selection.
- Provide guidance and expertise for piping material related contracts and specifications.
• Piping specification toolbox owner
• Position would include being the master Pipe Specifications coordinator for Kiewit Engineering.
• Single point of contact for the Piping Engineering group for material specification for process and utility services (ally, ferrous, non-ferrous, plastics, etc)
• Assist in pipe shop and field testing specifications
• Possess and demonstrates technical expertise in all piping material related topics.
• Communicates effectively with all levels of the organization and reaches resolution with a variety of audiences. Exceptional written and verbal communication skills and active listening skills.
• Strong analytical ability along with the capacity to interpret technical data and make recommendations.
• Track record of establishing processes, standards and effective tools to help guide design efforts and achieve desired outcomes. Strong commitment to quality.
• Action-oriented, results-driven and self-motivated.
• Basic internet navigation skills required.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Professional including MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook.
• Familiarity with Microsoft SharePoint and Bluebeam Revu.
• Strong technical working knowledge and application for ASME B31.1 and B31.3 with B31.8 and ASME Section 1 considered as a bonus.
• Expertise in ASTM standard specifications for piping materials.
• Expertise in both the engineering and application of welding technologies preferred.
• Bachelor of Science in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering (or similar field) from an ABET-accredited four-year college or university.
• Minimum 6 to 8 years of industry experience in technical roles relating to piping materials engineering.
• ASME Code committee experience preferred, but not required.
• Professional Engineering license preferred, but not required.
• Experience in the Power, Water, and Oil Gas and Chemical fields preferred.
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Overland Park
Nearest Secondary Market: Kansas City
Job Segment: Construction, Engineer, Materials Engineer, Developer, Welding, Engineering, Technology, Manufacturing