Kiewit Corporation Philanthropy Coordinator in Lenexa, Kansas
Date: Jun 8, 2017
Location: Lenexa, KS, US
Requisition ID: 64631
Kiewit is one of North America's largest and most respected construction and engineering organizations. With its roots dating back to 1884, the employee-owned company operates through a network of offices and projects in the United States, Canada, Mexico and Australia. Kiewit offers construction and engineering services in a variety of markets including transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building and mining. Kiewit had 2016 revenues of $8.6 billion and employs more than 20,000 staff and craft employees.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Consistently recognized as one of the best places to work in North America and in 2015, named one of Fortune’s Most Admired Companies
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from day one of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development, and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Designs, plans and directs the organization's corporate giving and volunteer programs. Represents the company in all activities associated with volunteer activities and the community. Plans and develops policies or programs that promote good will and foster relationships with community leaders.
45%: Design and direct local organization’s giving programs in alignment with a charitable strategy that mirrors Kiewit’s core values. In concert with Division and District leadership create a comprehensive philanthropy plan that identifies long term goals and tracks progress to report back on company donations. Create and maintain a streamlined system for tracking and approving charitable requests.
45%: Manage public outreach and promote Kiewit within the community we live and work. Drive internal process for facilitating sponsorship and funding requests, organize opportunities for stewardship and lead local Kiewit major giving campaigns. Foster relationships with key charities and community organizations.
10%: Other duties as assigned
• Exhibit broad skill sets utilizing confidence, professionalism and flawless communication while representing Kiewit’s executive leadership internally and externally
• Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills, an ability to listen to and balance, negotiate and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
• Highly motivated individual who thrives in a fast-paced team environment and is readily adaptable to changing market and organizational dynamics
• Flexible, adaptable and intellectually curious
• Ability to operate independently within an ambiguous environment and manage projects from inception through launch
• Strong analytical skills and strategic thinker
• Degree in marketing or business
• Professional experience in philanthropy required, prior experience developing enterprise-wide charitable giving strategy
• Advanced knowledge of community relations, public relations, communications, media relations and marketing principles and practices
• A successful track record in executing on strategy, setting priorities, managing multiple projects and working effectively under pressure to achieve individual and organizational goals
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Overland Park
Nearest Secondary Market: Kansas City
Job Segment: Engineer, PR, Wastewater, Water Treatment, Engineering, Marketing