Kiewit Corporation Mid-Level Civil Engineer- Power Delivery in Lenexa, Kansas
Date: May 16, 2017
Location: Lenexa, KS, US
Requisition ID: 65483
Kiewit is one of North America's largest and most respected construction and engineering organizations. With its roots dating back to 1884, the employee-owned company operates through a network of offices and projects in the United States, Canada, Mexico and Australia. Kiewit offers construction and engineering services in a variety of markets including transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building and mining. Kiewit had 2016 revenues of $8.6 billion and employs more than 20,000 staff and craft employees.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Consistently recognized as one of the best places to work in North America and in 2015, named one of Fortune’s Most Admired Companies
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from day one of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development, and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
• Independently evaluate, select and apply engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria to site development projects.
• Develop design for an assigned system that may include analysis, calculations, research, selection, layout, etc. necessary to develop required design documents.
• Utilize knowledge of departmental design standards and applicable engineering codes to review prepared drawings and documents for conformance; work with civil designers to ensure quality procedures are followed.
• Plan, schedule, and analyze scope, staffing and budgeting
• Coordinate design efforts with all project personnel in all disciplines and departments ranging in moderate to large or complex projects.
• Collaborate with entry and mid-level employees for skills development; review work progress and results and provide direction as needed.
• Utilize basic civil engineering software packages and computer-aided drafting software in accordance with industry codes and standards.
• Collaborate with various discipline and subsidiary groups to provide expertise and support business needs.
• Provide recommendations and suggestions on designs as well as processes and standards.
• Work closely with Kiewit construction partners in a collaborative manner to ensure total project success.
• Knowledge of basic spreadsheet, database, word processing programs and basic computer operation
• Experience with computer assisted engineering and design software, preferably Autocad Civil 3D, MicroStation, Geopak and/or drainage calculation softwares
• Three-ten years industry experience in a design function
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering in a Civil Engineering program from an ABET accredited four-year college or university program
• Engineering in Training (EIT) license
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Overland Park
Nearest Secondary Market: Kansas City
Job Segment: Civil Engineer, Construction, Engineer, Drafting, CAD, Engineering