Kiewit Corporation Equipment Superintendent in Lenexa, Kansas
Date: Apr 18, 2017
Location: Lenexa, KS, US
Requisition ID: 64841
Kiewit is one of North America's largest and most respected construction and engineering organizations. With its roots dating back to 1884, the employee-owned company operates through a network of offices and projects in the United States, Canada, Mexico and Australia. Kiewit offers construction and engineering services in a variety of markets including transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building and mining. Kiewit had 2016 revenues of $8.6 billion and employs more than 20,000 staff and craft employees.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Consistently recognized as one of the best places to work in North America and in 2015, named one of Fortune’s Most Admired Companies
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from day one of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development, and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Equipment Superintendent - responsible for managing compliance; training; parts replacement; the rental of support equipment; payable accounting department support; handling all phases of equipment management, including troubleshooting, diagnosis, repair, equipment cost control, purchasing and mobilization; as well as overseeing maintenance and other equipment operations on the project. Also responsible for determining heavy equipment needs; coordinating and planning equipment necessary for construction activities and resources; overseeing and approving determination of and acquisition of construction equipment needed to fulfill project obligations; tracking and monitoring construction costs, recommending cost reductions where feasible; and maintaining responsibility for job safety and quality policies. Supervisory authority over multiple staff and craft employees including an Equipment Superintendent, four Maintenance Engineers, and ten (10) craft workers.
• Managing and directing project staffing and scheduling and determine heavy equipment needs;
• Coordinating and assigning units of work to managers, superintendents, engineers and foremen to ensure integrity and continuity of work schedules;
• Coordinating and planning equipment necessary for construction activities and resources;
• Managing the oversight of project specifications;
• Overseeing and approving determination of and acquisition of construction equipment needed to fulfill project obligations;
• Tracking and monitoring construction costs, recommending cost reductions where feasible;
• Providing input on contractual matters and oversee constructability review; and
• Maintaining responsibility for job safety and quality policies, as well as training of supervisory personnel.
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Overland Park
Nearest Secondary Market: Kansas City
Job Segment: Accounts Payable, Engineer, Wastewater, Water Treatment, Construction, Finance, Engineering