Kiewit Corporation Contracts Specialist I - Kiewit Supply Network in Lenexa, Kansas
Date: Sep 6, 2017
Location: Lenexa, KS, US
Requisition ID: 68045
Kiewit is one of North America's largest and most respected construction and engineering organizations. With its roots dating back to 1884, the employee-owned company operates through a network of offices and projects in the United States, Canada, Mexico and Australia. Kiewit offers construction and engineering services in a variety of markets including transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building and mining. Kiewit had 2016 revenues of $8.6 billion and employs more than 20,000 staff and craft employees.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Consistently recognized as one of the best places to work in North America and in 2015, named one of Fortune’s Most Admired Companies
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from day one of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development, and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Location: Lenexa, KS
Kiewit Supply Network professionals are located throughout the United States and Canada, allowing our team to easily and effectively coordinate with Kiewit projects. We have projects all across the United States, in large cities and small towns, so our people must be willing to go where the work is for long and short-term assignments.
The Kiewit Supply Network group specializes in providing comprehensive procurement services to clients across the construction and engineering industries in multiple markets, including transportation; water/wastewater; power; oil, gas and chemical; building; and mining. Our key objectives are to offer clients a world-class service focused on ensuring equipment, materials and services are consistently estimated and procured at the right price. We strive to offer an appropriate level of quality and ensure materials and services are delivered on schedule and in compliance with the client’s specifications and expectations.
The Contract Group Purchasing Agent I works with assigned KSN contracts staff to support the overall contract lifecycle responsibilities. The goal of this role is to become familiar with Kiewit contract templates and have basic understanding and knowledge of the contract lifecycle.
• Preparing, soliciting and tracking bid proposals
• Following up with suppliers to ensure bid proposal receipt
• Basic understanding of Kiewit contract types and their uses
• Completing basic bid evaluation information
• Completing quality checks on contract documents and attachments
• Complete SAP system requirements for contract
• Input and report status updates on project workflows
• Draft and route change orders
• Track and report on Quality Inspections
• Assist in invoice resolution and payment
• Complete Project closeout checklists and procedures, through warranty completion
• Bachelor’s Degree in construction management, business, engineering, supply chain management or equivalent degree or Military/ Education / experience combination
• Professional attitude with good oral and written communication skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access)
• Detail-oriented, highly motivated with ability to effectively manage time
• Team player with ability to work independently to meet deadlines, goals and objectives
• As applicable, ability to relocate for long and short-term field assignments
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Overland Park
Nearest Secondary Market: Kansas City
Job Segment: Network, Purchasing, Supply, Engineer, ERP, Technology, Finance, Operations, Engineering