Kiewit Corporation Accountant in Lenexa, Kansas
Date: May 18, 2017
Location: Lenexa, KS, US
Requisition ID: 65561
Kiewit is one of North America's largest and most respected construction and engineering organizations. With its roots dating back to 1884, the employee-owned company operates through a network of offices and projects in the United States, Canada, Mexico and Australia. Kiewit offers construction and engineering services in a variety of markets including transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building and mining. Kiewit had 2016 revenues of $8.6 billion and employs more than 20,000 staff and craft employees.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Consistently recognized as one of the best places to work in North America and in 2015, named one of Fortune’s Most Admired Companies
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from day one of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development, and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Perform monthly invoicing and preparation of project financial status. Communicate financial exceptions and changes to the appropriate party. This job has a potential for growth should you be interested.
• Read and understand contractual terms and financial obligations
• Prepare monthly invoices for engineering services
• Open new projects
• Process Time and Expense Moves
• Cost Analysis
• Review of projects revenue and cost
• Revenue recognition
• Willingness to take on additional responsibilities as the company grows
• Meeting month end deadlines for analysis and billings
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Strong communication – listening, verbal, and written
• Problem solving, reasoning, and creativity – Innovative problem-solver who can generate workable solutions and resolve complaints
• Teamwork – Resourceful team player who excels at building trusting relationships with customers and colleagues
• Planning and Organizing – Results driven achiever with exemplary planning and organization skills, along with a high degree of detail orientation
• Ability to handle stressful situations
• Knowledge of GAAP
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word)
• Experience with Tableau, Access and SAP a plus (not required)
• Spanish speaking a plus
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is:
• Regularly required to talk or hear.
• Sometimes required to bend, kneel or reach.
• Occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Overland Park
Nearest Secondary Market: Kansas City
Job Segment: Engineer, ERP, Accounting, SAP, Water Treatment, Engineering, Finance, Technology