Kiewit Corporation TG Field Technician in Laval, Quebec
Date: Jun 5, 2017
Location: Laval, QC, CA
Requisition ID: 65961
Kiewit is one of North America's largest and most respected construction and engineering organizations. With its roots dating back to 1884, the employee-owned company operates through a network of offices and projects in the United States, Canada, Mexico and Australia. Kiewit offers construction and engineering services in a variety of markets including transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building and mining. Kiewit had 2016 revenues of $8.6 billion and employs more than 20,000 staff and craft employees.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Named to the Best Workplaces in Canada by the Great Place to Work Institute Canada for the sixth year in a row
• Extended health, dental and vision insurance where employees can get expert support for work, life, and everything in between
• RRSP plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of weekly base wages
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year, in addition to statutory holidays per each province’s guidelines
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development, and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
The Technician’s primary responsibility is to provide deskside and remote support to end users.
This position assists the Lead in carrying out Kiewit Technology Group’s policies and procedures.
This role supports Kiewit Technology Group (KTG), districts and jobs in technology related processes.
Duties and Responsibilities
Ensure tickets are completed within established Service Level Agreements or to customer’s satisfaction
Provide deskside and remote support to end users
Maintain hardware lifecycle management, including imaging, deploying, tracking, maintenance, and decommissioning
Maintain software lifecycle management, including deploying, tracking, upgrading and maintenance
Assist with maintaining district and job technical documentation and follow established procedures
Assist with job site mobilization, demobilization, and site changes as needed
Provide device and software end user training
Associate degree in Computer Information or Technology Certificate preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience.
2-5 years of experience as an IT Technician
Customer service skills
Kiewit believes in equal opportunity in employment practices without discrimination, and complies with all laws regarding human rights in the provinces where we operate.
Job Segment: Technician, Engineer, Maintenance, Wastewater, Water Treatment, Technology, Engineering, Manufacturing