Kiewit Corporation CAD Technician in Kapolei, Hawaii
Date: Jun 2, 2017
Location: Kapolei, HI, US
Requisition ID: 65901
Kiewit is one of North America's largest and most respected construction and engineering organizations. With its roots dating back to 1884, the employee-owned company operates through a network of offices and projects in the United States, Canada, Mexico and Australia. Kiewit offers construction and engineering services in a variety of markets including transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building and mining. Kiewit had 2016 revenues of $8.6 billion and employs more than 20,000 staff and craft employees.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Consistently recognized as one of the best places to work in North America and in 2015, named one of Fortune’s Most Admired Companies
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from day one of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development, and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
We are currently looking for a CAD Technician to support our Northwest District’s Estimating team in Kapolei, Hawaii. The Northwest District primarily perform heavy civil projects specializing in earth moving, transportation, roadways, and underground utilities. As the CAD Engineer, your main role is provide support to the estimating group.
• Create of as-build drawings using AutoCAD and material submittals
• Reviews drawings and asserts changes based on field input from segment Project Managers and Project Engineers
• Responsible for continuously reviewing and modifying submitted drawings
• Provide computerize estimates on our systems
• Assist in project planning and scheduling
• Perform detailed quality take offs
• Train and mentor younger engineers in estimating work
• Works closely with various department managers and engineers
• Performs other related duties as assigned or requested
• A Survey/ Engineering background preferably in the construction industry
• Experienced in CAD program such as AutoCAD, Trimble Business Center, AGTech etc.
• Excellent competency in Excel
• Familiarity with P6 Scheduling, Primavera and BlueBeam is preferred
• Must be able to meet deadlines and put in the time needed to get the job done
• Candidates must be a self-starter, possess a strong work ethic with the ability to work with minimum supervision
• A quick learner who will be able to pick up various processes regarding policies, procedures and software program in a short timeframe.
• Effective oral and written communication skills
• Must have strong organizational skills, meticulous and have strong troubleshooting capabilities.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Honolulu
Nearest Secondary Market: Hawaii
Job Segment: Technician, CAD, Drafting, Engineer, Construction, Technology, Engineering