Kiewit Corporation SmartPlant 3D Administrator - Temporary in Kansas
Date: Jul 11, 2017
Location: KS, US
Requisition ID: 66949
Kiewit is one of North America's largest and most respected construction and engineering organizations. With its roots dating back to 1884, the employee-owned company operates through a network of offices and projects in the United States, Canada, Mexico and Australia. Kiewit offers construction and engineering services in a variety of markets including transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building and mining. Kiewit had 2016 revenues of $8.6 billion and employs more than 20,000 staff and craft employees.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Consistently recognized as one of the best places to work in North America and in 2015, named one of Fortune’s Most Admired Companies
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from day one of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development, and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is looking to expand its engineering technology department into a world class organization able to supports Kiewit’s operational and development needs as it relates to engineering applications, especially Kiewit’s fully integrated SmartPlant environment. This position will work with other team members, Engineering and Design Departments to provide operational and development support. Duties include but are not limited to:
• Setup and management of new and existing engineering projects within SmartPlant 3D
• Troubleshooting Isometrics and drawings issues in SmartPlant 3D software
• Providing user-support to project resources
• Identifying potential areas where policies & procedures require change or where new ones need to be developed.
• Identifying opportunities to reduce overall costs and improve end user performance
• User education and training for new hires and end users to become proficient with SmartPlant 3D: Piping, Supports, Duct Bank, Tray, Equipment, Steel, Concrete, Drawings and reports, Isometrics, etc.
• Identifying potential service level problems and facilitating solutions
• Scheduling and prioritizing work to accommodate user needs with minimum impact
• Continually seeking opportunities to increase end-user satisfaction
• Documenting changes and processes
• Experience in SmartPlant 3D administration
• Experience in Pipe routing and ISOGEN
• Completion of admin and user training for SmartPlant 3D
• Relevant engineering and/or construction industry experience is preferred
• Experience using and supporting MicroStation J, V8, or V8i
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Highly motivated and self-directed with strong communication skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Job Segment: Engineer, Bank, Banking, Drafting, Wastewater, Engineering, Finance