Kiewit Corporation Purchasing Agent I in Kansas
Date: May 19, 2017
Location: KS, US
Requisition ID: 65565
Kiewit is one of North America's largest and most respected construction and engineering organizations. With its roots dating back to 1884, the employee-owned company operates through a network of offices and projects in the United States, Canada, Mexico and Australia. Kiewit offers construction and engineering services in a variety of markets including transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building and mining. Kiewit had 2016 revenues of $8.6 billion and employs more than 20,000 staff and craft employees.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Consistently recognized as one of the best places to work in North America and in 2015, named one of Fortune’s Most Admired Companies
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from day one of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development, and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
• Work closely with senior purchasing agents to purchase the highest quality materials at the lowest possible cost in correct amounts per specifications and drawings with buyouts.
• Assist in the maintenance and review of computerized or manual records of items purchased, costs, deliveries, product performance and inventories.
• Learn processes around the research and evaluation of suppliers based on price, quality, selection, service, support, availability, reliability, production and distribution capabilities, and the supplier’s reputation and history.
• Assist with the evaluation and monitoring of contract performance to ensure compliance with contractual obligations and determine needs for changes.
• Help prepare purchase orders, solicit bid proposals, and review requisitions for goods and services.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Power Point, Word, Excel) and have a general knowledge of database utilization. SAP Experience a plus
• Bachelor’s degree in construction management , business, engineering, supply chain management, or equivalent degree or military experience
• At least one-three years’ experience in an engineering and/or construction related role
• Basic knowledge of all areas of procurement, including procurement execution, estimating, expediting, offsite supplier quality, subcontract administration and site purchasing
• Detail-oriented, highly motivated with ability to effectively manage time
• Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
• Team player with the ability to work independently to meet deadlines, goals and objectives
• Ability to relocate for long and short-term field assignments
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Job Segment: Engineer, ERP, Purchasing, Procurement, Supply, Engineering, Technology, Finance, Operations