Kiewit Corporation Project Controls Analyst in Kansas
Date: Oct 5, 2017
Location: KS, US
Requisition ID: 66948
Kiewit is one of North America's largest and most respected construction and engineering organizations. With its roots dating back to 1884, the employee-owned company operates through a network of offices and projects in the United States, Canada, Mexico and Australia. Kiewit offers construction and engineering services in a variety of markets including transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building and mining. Kiewit had 2016 revenues of $8.6 billion and employs more than 20,000 staff and craft employees.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Consistently recognized as one of the best places to work in North America and in 2015, named one of Fortune’s Most Admired Companies
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from day one of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development, and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Mid-level project controls position. With support and direction from Senior Project Controls personnel, develops expertise in planning/scheduling and budget cost controls.
• Develop, update and maintain resource loaded project schedules that are fully integrated with Kiewit Power Engineer’s construction partner. Organize and document project planning sessions.
• Merge project schedule with engineering deliverables stored in the project database, with continued maintenance throughout the job.
• Develop and publish monthly deliverable curves and graphs.
• Develop and maintain budget and cost reports, earned value analyses, and resource planning and allocation.
• Compile summary level project reports for management.
• Analyze project controls data to assist project manager in directing project activities. Assist in the tracking of project change orders and development of projections.
• Assist project managers with development of project procedures.
• Travel to jobsites on occasion to participate in project status updates.
• Provide analysis and feedback regarding project closeout information to the business development department.
• Assist in developing projections for projects.
• Utilize the quality assurance manual.
• Knowledge of project management software such as Primavera, Excel, Word and Access
• Demonstrated written and oral communication skills
• Knowledgeable regarding project management principles
• High degree of confidentiality and integrity with sensitive information
• Comfortable in a project leadership role, including calling and managing a meeting, and making decisions with regards to project budget and schedule
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Job Segment: Engineer, Business Development, Database, Quality Assurance, QA, Engineering, Sales, Technology, Quality