Kiewit Corporation Building Information Modeler in Kansas
Date: Jun 6, 2017
Location: KS, US
Requisition ID: 65982
Kiewit is one of North America's largest and most respected construction and engineering organizations. With its roots dating back to 1884, the employee-owned company operates through a network of offices and projects in the United States, Canada, Mexico and Australia. Kiewit offers construction and engineering services in a variety of markets including transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building and mining. Kiewit had 2016 revenues of $8.6 billion and employs more than 20,000 staff and craft employees.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Consistently recognized as one of the best places to work in North America and in 2015, named one of Fortune’s Most Admired Companies
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from day one of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development, and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
As a building designer, you’ll take full technical responsibility for organizing, planning and drafting buildings on a wide variety of power design projects. Our team of engineers and designers (modelers) work hand in hand throughout a project lifecycle; at Kiewit, there’s no time for monotony or stagnancy.
With top-notch health benefits, a wealth-building 401k plan and unbeatable growth opportunities, by joining Kiewit, you’re ensuring a lifetime of success.
• Prepare Architectural, Structural, Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing (MEP) construction drawings from preliminary sketches, redlines, and general engineering documents, engineering design principles and procedures to performing intricate engineering design work.
• Develop and maintain building information modeling (BIM) 2D and BIM 3D models for documentation and coordination.
• Coordinate with other design group team members to review and exchange project information necessary for design and development; utilize project database to request reviews, hold list, requests for information, and other disciplines.
• Coordinate all building related design discipline documents that are in accordance with the overall project contract.
• Check and navigate 3D models for interferences and constructability.
• Develop plans, drawings, and 3D models; verify all designs meet quality and design standards.
• Prepare information needed to develop design drawings; create guidelines, checklists and other knowledge base documents, and mentor other team members in design and modeling techniques.
• Assist in project meetings, initial and design meetings, and inform managers of project decisions.
• Prepare and file master sets, superseded drawings, and original drawings.
• Assist in reviewing and coordinating shop drawings during construction administration.
• Assist in the development of Revit drafting standards.
• Assist in coordinating drawing information with specifications.
• Associate’s, Bachelor’s or technical degree in Architecture, Structural and/or Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing (MEP) computer aided design.
• Advanced experience (3+ years) in Autodesk Revit, Design Review and Navisworks.
• Working knowledge of building materials and construction methods.
• Demonstrated ability to read and interpret multi-discipline (Architectural, MEP, and Structural) engineering and vendor drawings and documents.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
• Experience with Bluebeam Revu a plus.
• Understanding of Bentley and Tekla a plus.
• Understanding of the Architectural and Engineering process as it relates to drawings and submittals.
• Understanding of Metal Building System Structures for power and industrial projects a plus.
• Experience in the power industry and with EPC contracts a plus.
• Self-starter that can integrate with various engineering design disciplines.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to and willing to work in team environment.
• Must be able to represent Kiewit Power Engineers in a professional manner to owners, contractors, vendors and any other contacts outside Kiewit organization.
• Ability to communicate through emails and utilize electronic meeting requests to owners, contractors, vendors, and other contacts outside of Kiewit.
• Fast-paced office environment; must be able to interact professionally with all levels of management while simultaneously manage a diversified workload and challenging situations efficiently and effectively; regularly sit, stand, walk and talk and listen; occasionally lift and move objects up to 30 pounds.
• Travel in the U.S. and internationally (5-15%).
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Job Segment: Engineer, Electrical, Drafting, CAD, Plumbing, Engineering, Manufacturing