Kiewit Corporation Entry Level Equipment Engineer - Agrium Mine in Ioda Springs, Idaho
Date: Jun 12, 2017
Location: Ioda Springs, ID, US
Requisition ID: 66125
Kiewit is one of North America's largest and most respected construction and engineering organizations. With its roots dating back to 1884, the employee-owned company operates through a network of offices and projects in the United States, Canada, Mexico and Australia. Kiewit offers construction and engineering services in a variety of markets including transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building and mining. Kiewit had 2016 revenues of $8.6 billion and employs more than 20,000 staff and craft employees.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Consistently recognized as one of the best places to work in North America and in 2015, named one of Fortune’s Most Admired Companies
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from day one of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development, and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit Equipment Services (KES) is currently seeking an Entry Level Equipment Engineer to work out at Walnut Creek Mining in Bremond, TX. KES helps to ensure the profitability of Kiewit projects through the improved equipment utilization and mechanical reliability by delivering world-class equipment and service. This position is responsible for the planning, scheduling, budgeting, utilization and reliability of a construction and mining equipment fleet. The position will deal with day to day as well as long term issues related to an equipment fleet. The position’s main focus will be to improve equipment reliability as well as implement, monitor, audit, and manage preventative maintenance programs.
• Undergraduate degree in BS is Diesel/Automotive Technology, Heavy Equipment Technology, Mechanical Engineering or Industrial Engineering.
• Strong work ethic – Willing to do what it takes to get the job done.
• Strong organizational, time management and communication skills.
• Willingness to travel and relocate as required.
• Willingness to work in both office and field environments.
• Ability to freely access all points of a construction or mining site in wide-ranging climates and environment.
• Understand and comply with all federal, state, and company health, safety, and environmental requirements.
• Long/short range equipment planning, scheduling, and budgeting.
• Use reliability and failure analysis data to increase equipment availability and reliability.
• Establish and maintain communications between all levels of supervision and management.
• Support of craft maintenance technicians – ordering parts, manage inventory, schedule crews, and manage quality and safety.
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Idaho Falls
Job Segment: Construction, Engineer, Industrial Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Engineering, Entry Level