Kiewit Corporation Surveyor in Ingleside, Texas
Date: Jun 8, 2017
Location: Ingleside, TX, US
Requisition ID: 66065
Kiewit is one of North America's largest and most respected construction and engineering organizations. With its roots dating back to 1884, the employee-owned company operates through a network of offices and projects in the United States, Canada, Mexico and Australia. Kiewit offers construction and engineering services in a variety of markets including transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building and mining. Kiewit had 2016 revenues of $8.6 billion and employs more than 20,000 staff and craft employees.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Consistently recognized as one of the best places to work in North America and in 2015, named one of Fortune’s Most Admired Companies
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from day one of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development, and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
• Fully utilize equipment, software and survey systems in performing project surveying programs.
• Reading and understanding construction drawings to be used in converting owner drawings into survey models for layout purposes.
• Perform quality control, quantity tracking, design calculations and volumes.
• Know and understand all aspects of the project specifications and tolerances.
• Produce digital surfaces, manipulate point data and produce profiles.
• Associates degree or equivalent from two-year College or Technical school; or one to three years of experience
• Experience in Construction Survey, Dimensional Control, or Industrial Measurement
• Ability to freely access all points of a construction site in wide-ranging climates and environment
• Strong organization/time management skills, the ability to work independently as well as part of a team, good attention to detail with the ability to recognize discrepancies, and ability to meet deadlines
• Self-starter with effective written/verbal communication skills and management skills in both the public and private arenas
• Highly motivated and self-managed to get things done right the first time
• Strong work ethic with ability to meet deadlines and commit the time needed to get the job completed
• Familiarity with Trimble Survey equipment and GPS systems.
• Familiarity with one or more of the following Cad packages; Bentley Microstation/Inroads, Trimble Business Center, AutoCAD Civil 3d. Including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook software is required
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Corpus Christi
Job Segment: Surveyor, Engineer, CAD, Drafting, QC, Engineering, Quality