Kiewit Corporation Survey Rodman in Ingleside, Texas
Date: Jun 8, 2017
Location: Ingleside, TX, US
Requisition ID: 66066
Kiewit is one of North America's largest and most respected construction and engineering organizations. With its roots dating back to 1884, the employee-owned company operates through a network of offices and projects in the United States, Canada, Mexico and Australia. Kiewit offers construction and engineering services in a variety of markets including transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building and mining. Kiewit had 2016 revenues of $8.6 billion and employs more than 20,000 staff and craft employees.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Consistently recognized as one of the best places to work in North America and in 2015, named one of Fortune’s Most Admired Companies
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from day one of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development, and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
• Accurately set up any items associated with electronic measuring and sighting as performed by the level two Surveyor and established by the level one Surveyor, to include the proper care of these items to assure they shall remain clean, and functional for use in the field. These items include, but not limited to surveying prisms, tripods used to support surveying prisms, and tracking rods and prisms used for establishing mobile distance and line.
• Accurately assist in the task of establishing elevations and or grades as required by the level one Surveyor. This includes understanding the proper way to hold, use, and care of any level rods that would be used in this task and the correct and neat marking of elevations as instructed by the level one surveyor.
• Measure distances manually with survey chains and perform proper maintenance that is required for survey chains to insure accuracy and consistency.
• Maintain, monitor, and care of expendable items used in the task of surveying. This would include reporting to the level one surveyor when the quantities are at a level established for replenishing.
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training
• Effective verbal and written communication skills. Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide whole numbers and fractions rapidly and accurately.
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Corpus Christi
Job Segment: Engineer, Wastewater, Water Treatment, Engineering