Kiewit Corporation Purchasing Agent- Kiewit Offshore Services in Ingleside, Texas
Date: Jul 12, 2017
Location: Ingleside, TX, TX, US
Requisition ID: 67044
Kiewit is one of North America's largest and most respected construction and engineering organizations. With its roots dating back to 1884, the employee-owned company operates through a network of offices and projects in the United States, Canada, Mexico and Australia. Kiewit offers construction and engineering services in a variety of markets including transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building and mining. Kiewit had 2016 revenues of $8.6 billion and employs more than 20,000 staff and craft employees.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Consistently recognized as one of the best places to work in North America and in 2015, named one of Fortune’s Most Admired Companies
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from day one of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development, and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
At Kiewit, we're selective about who joins our team. You should be selective, too. If you're interested in Kiewit, here are a few things you need to know.
Kiewit has been shaping the landscape since 1884. Today, we are one of North America’s largest and most admired contractors. With nearly $10 billion in revenue, this privately held, employee-owned company operates through a network of business units called districts. Kiewit ranks as a FORTUNE 250 company and in the top five among Engineering New-Record's Top 400 Contractors. Kiewit's workforce includes 10,000 core staff and more than 15,900 skilled craft workers. Kiewit hires people who take on new challenges, explore new ideas, and excel at their work.
Kiewit Offshore Services, a district (or business unit) of Kiewit Corporation builds structurally complex jackets and topsides for offshore oil drilling rigs. Located in Ingleside, TX, 20 minutes outside of Corpus Christi, the 550 acre fabrication yard is the workplace of 300 staff employees and 1400 craft employee who work in the yard year round. The projects built by Kiewit Offshore Services require significant equipment planning, detailed cost estimates and schedules, a commitment to safety by all employees, and are truly unforgettable. The Kiewit Offshore Services team is a diverse, tight nit group that enjoys fun team building events such as deep sea fishing, golfing, and sporting events throughout the year. The employees are extremely schedule driven, high-energy, friendly, and hard workers. Within the Oil, Gas & Chemical Industry, their teams are the best evidenced by the countless project opportunities from owners who seek their expertise when challenged with complex projects. Kiewit Offshore Service leaders are seeking employees who would enjoy living in Southern Texas, ready for a fast paced career, trainable, and can work well within a diverse team. As a team member of Kiewit Offshore Services, you experience a culture that enjoys challenging projects, outdoor activities like hunting and fishing, family fun, and appreciates their employee’s hard work and company loyalty.
• Work closely with senior purchasing agents to purchase the highest quality materials at the lowest possible cost in correct amounts per specifications and drawings with buyouts.
• Assist in the maintenance and review of computerized or manual records of items purchased, costs, deliveries, product performance and inventories.
• Learn processes around the research and evaluation of suppliers based on price, quality, selection, service, support, availability, reliability, production and distribution capabilities, and the supplier’s reputation and history.
• Assist with the evaluation and monitoring of contract performance to ensure compliance with contractual obligations and determine needs for changes.
• Help prepare purchase orders, solicit bid proposals, and review requisitions for goods and services.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Power Point, Word, Excel) and have a general knowledge of database utilization. SAP Experience a plus
• Bachelor’s degree in business, supply chain management, or equivalent degree or military experience
• Up to three years’ experience in an engineering and/or construction related role
• Basic knowledge of all areas of procurement, including procurement execution, estimating, expediting, offsite supplier quality, subcontract administration and site purchasing
• Detail-oriented, highly motivated with ability to effectively manage time
• Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
• Team player with the ability to work independently to meet deadlines, goals and objectives
• Ability to relocate for long and short-term field assignments
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Job Segment: Engineer, ERP, Supply Chain Manager, Purchasing, Procurement, Engineering, Technology, Operations, Finance