Kiewit Corporation Dulles - Rod Person in Herndon, Virginia
Date: Jun 12, 2017
Location: Herndon, VA, US
Requisition ID: 66122
Kiewit is one of North America's largest and most respected construction and engineering organizations. With its roots dating back to 1884, the employee-owned company operates through a network of offices and projects in the United States, Canada, Mexico and Australia. Kiewit offers construction and engineering services in a variety of markets including transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building and mining. Kiewit had 2016 revenues of $8.6 billion and employs more than 20,000 staff and craft employees.
Phase 2 will extend the Silver Line 11.4 miles west from the Wiehle-Reston East Station, through Washington Dulles International Airport and into Loudoun County, Va. Capital Rail Constructors will design and construct six stations and the supporting infrastructure necessary to power to the system. This is the largetst Infrastructure project in the nation, 41. miles is areal guideway and 7.2 miles of at grade Five of the new stations — Herndon and Innovation Center to the east of Dulles Airport, and the Route 606, and Route 772 Ashburn stations to the west — will be built on ground level. At Dulles Airport, the team will construct an aerial station adjacent to Parking Garage 1. The station will be connected to the Main Terminal by an underground pedestrian walkway equipped with moving sidewalks.
· Stock Survey truck with Supplies including ice for water cooler
· Flag and hammer stakes and hubs as required
· Learn to set up instrument and run data collector. *Maintain care and calibration of survey Small Tools and Supplies
· Learn from the Instrument Person for future advancement.
· Must possess a good attitude and ability to learn
· Must be able to learn and retain knowledge
· Must be able to perform Duties of Rodperson as required by Task needs.
· Must have reliable Transportation
· Ability to work, day, swing, and night shifts (sometimes long hours)
· Must have valid Driver's license and pass Driver's background check
Must Pass Drug Test and complete Kiewit employee indoctrination
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
Job Segment: Engineer, Wastewater, Water Treatment, Engineering