Kiewit Corporation Business Development Manager- Fairfield, Portland, Phoenix, Lenexa, Houston, Raleigh in Fairfield, United States
Date: Aug 3, 2017
Location: Fairfield, Portland. Phoenix, , KS, US
Requisition ID: 65985
Kiewit is one of North America's largest and most respected construction and engineering organizations. With its roots dating back to 1884, the employee-owned company operates through a network of offices and projects in the United States, Canada, Mexico and Australia. Kiewit offers construction and engineering services in a variety of markets including transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building and mining. Kiewit had 2016 revenues of $8.6 billion and employs more than 20,000 staff and craft employees.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Consistently recognized as one of the best places to work in North America and in 2015, named one of Fortune’s Most Admired Companies
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from day one of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development, and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
The Business Development Manager (BDM) is a long term, client relationship building position, focusing on identifying and successfully pursuing profitable, repeatable projects with high value clients. The BDM role is for self-motivated, results oriented individuals who are adept at successfully applying internal Kiewit processes while devoting maximum effort to external client activities. This role requires flexibility in all aspects of the job and the ability to:
• Work compressed pursuit schedules
• Deal with ambiguity and remain focused on winning
• Communicate with varied personalities
• Positively represent Kiewit in a broad spectrum of situations
• Communicate successfully with varied Client levels and all levels within Kiewit
Identifying, qualifying and winning client projects is the primary role of the BDM
• Building industry relationships and lead the development of key messages for all client interactions, communications, prequalification, proposals and presentations.
• Utilize technical knowledge at industry events, to strengthen relationships with key stakeholders, and when offering clients the most innovative solutions.
• Lead presentations at industry events to promote Kiewit culture and brand.
• Finding, pursuing and winning profitable client assignments in the Power Delivery industry
• 60-70% Travel/Work away from Kiewit Engineering Group Inc. offices with clients or at industry events
• 20-30% Time in intense project pursuit/client response development at Kiewit or at Client site
• Adaptive interactive skills that maximize Kiewit value in dealing with varied personalities
• Resilience to move beyond “No” to a best result answer for Kiewit
• Self-motivation coupled with teaming skills
• Communicate schedules and major upcoming events to the Business Line Development team and motivate operational involvement toward successful client meetings, win strategies and capture plan execution.
• Participate in internal meetings to develop white papers, capture plans and Bid No Bid strategies/decisions.
• Attend district meetings and internal business development training courses to expand operational and Get Work knowledge.
• Conduct debrief meetings with clients, supply chain, project management and executives, determining causes for both missed and won work to formulate lessons learned and best practices.
• At least ten years’ experience developing business opportunities in the Power Delivery Engineering market
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field
• Understanding of contract model and commercial terms
• Fast-paced office environment; must be able to interact professionally with all levels of management while simultaneously manage a diversified workload and challenging situations efficiently and effectively; regularly sit, stand, walk and talk and listen; occasionally lift and move up objects up to 30 pounds.
• Travel in the U.S. (50%).
How we’re different
• Benefits coverage begins on your first day of employment
• Industry leading paid time off
• One of the top 401(k)/RRSP plans across all industries
• Tuition reimbursement up to $5,250 annually
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Job Segment: Business Development, Engineer, Supply Chain Manager, Manager, Sales, Engineering, Operations, Management