Kiewit Corporation Quality Control Clerk - Northern California in Fairfield / Oroville, California
Date: Jul 10, 2017
Location: Fairfield / Oroville, CA, US
Requisition ID: 66922
Kiewit is one of North America's largest and most respected construction and engineering organizations. With its roots dating back to 1884, the employee-owned company operates through a network of offices and projects in the United States, Canada, Mexico and Australia. Kiewit offers construction and engineering services in a variety of markets including transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building and mining. Kiewit had 2016 revenues of $8.6 billion and employs more than 20,000 staff and craft employees.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Consistently recognized as one of the best places to work in North America and in 2015, named one of Fortune’s Most Admired Companies
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from day one of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development, and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit’s Northern California District is headquartered in Fairfield, CA. We primarily perform heavy civil projects specializing in earth moving, transportation, roadways, rail, and underground utilities, while developing builders who will lead the company into the future.
As a Quality Control Document Clerk with Kiewit you will play a key role in ensuring data accuracy at our job sites. In this role you will work closely with other Quality Control professionals to ensure that our standards of excellence are being met at the project site you will be supporting.
This role will be 40 hours per week, with the possibility of fewer hours if work dictates.
• Transcribe technical data from written field reports into electronic report forms.
• Retrieve material product data from web based file transfer protocol database and archive in project file system.
• Retrieve and compile QC field inspection reports, checklists, and laboratory data reports and issue draft weekly report for manager review and revision.
• Prepare flow diagrams documenting field and office work flows provided by quality operations manager(s).
• Update written quality plans and prepare for submittal to client.
• Prepare draft record submittals.
• Collect concrete cylinders samples from field locations and transfer to laboratory.
• Office duties as assigned.
• You must have strong attention to detail
• Strong computer aptitude (Excel, Word, Bluebeam etc.)
• Experience with record management, report preparation and database entry/management
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Northern California
Job Segment: Chemical Research, QC, Inspector, Records Management, Quality, Engineering, Records