Kiewit Corporation Document Control Clerk - TIC in Englewood, Colorado
Date: Jul 14, 2017
Location: Englewood, CO, US
Requisition ID: 67150
Kiewit is one of North America's largest and most respected construction and engineering organizations. With its roots dating back to 1884, the employee-owned company operates through a network of offices and projects in the United States, Canada, Mexico and Australia. Kiewit offers construction and engineering services in a variety of markets including transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building and mining. Kiewit had 2016 revenues of $8.6 billion and employs more than 20,000 staff and craft employees.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Consistently recognized as one of the best places to work in North America and in 2015, named one of Fortune’s Most Admired Companies
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from day one of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development, and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Location: This role will be based out of our Englewood, CO office. Some travel to projects sites can be expected.
District: TIC – Denver focuses on construction projects in Power, OGC and Mining all throughout the country. TIC – Denver is an “open-shop” and is non-union.
As a Document Control Clerk (District Support) you will manage document control duties with minimal supervision in support of district operations. You will be responsible for establishing document flow and distribution at a job site. Collecting and logging in of all contract documents and project documentation from bid phase through project completion. Reproducing, distributing, storing, and retrieving of documentation.
• Understands and complies with Document Control Policies and verification checklists.
• Working knowledge of disciplines (pipe, electrical and mechanical) and related drawings. Ability to recognize and read a drawing with no labels by type.
• Capable of folding and storing CAD drawings according to standard.
• Control and stamping of Master sticks and duplicates.
• Establish engineering/document files in accordance with records retention and PFIS controls and standards. Knowledge of each document type in PFIS folders.
• Basic understanding of document types; including but not limited to:
o Equipment lists
o Bills of Material
o Design change notices
o Requests for information
o Letters, memos, transmittals, faxes
o Client and Joint Venture contract
o Manufacturer’s literature
• Basic understanding of standard engineering practices.
• Receive, log, file and distribute all engineering documents based on a pre-determined performance standard.
• Generation and distribution of Daily publications and reports.
• Capable of prioritizing work independently.
• Working knowledge of internal audit procedures on document control.
• Collection of old version drawings.
• Responsible for Master I & O (Instruction and Operations) manual.
• Assembly and compilation of client turnover package per client requirements.
• Working knowledge of Prolog, Sharepoints and Document Control Systems
• Maintains electronic correspondence file structure.
Supplies and Reproduction Equipment:
• Responsible for setting up and maintaining supplies for Document Control department.
• Responsible for the blue line/black line machine, scanners, control filing cabinets, wall files, binders, folding tables, drawing racks and any other required support.
• Four years of post-high school education or equivalent combinations of training and experience.
• Basic aptitude in communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
• Working knowledge of Excel, Word, e-mail and Intranet.
• Working knowledge of document control procedures.
• Working knowledge of Prolog, Sharepoint, and Teambinder
• Working knowledge of filing and record retention systems.
• Willing to perform a variety of tasks and learn new skills
• Ability to travel to job sites for short trips
• Basic business knowledge (Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivable etc.)
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Denver
Job Segment: Accounts Payable, Chemical Research, Document Control, Clerical, Engineer, Finance, Engineering, Administrative