Kiewit Corporation Fire Sprinkler Sales Representative / Estimator in Denver Northeast, Colorado
Date: Sep 30, 2017
Location: Denver Northeast, CO, US
Requisition ID: 66881
Kiewit is one of North America's largest and most respected construction and engineering organizations. With its roots dating back to 1884, the employee-owned company operates through a network of offices and projects in the United States, Canada, Mexico and Australia. Kiewit offers construction and engineering services in a variety of markets including transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building and mining. Kiewit had 2016 revenues of $8.6 billion and employs more than 20,000 staff and craft employees.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Consistently recognized as one of the best places to work in North America and in 2015, named one of Fortune’s Most Admired Companies
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from day one of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development, and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
• Develop positive working relationships with customers interested in purchasing design, fabrication, and installation of fire sprinkler systems.
• Demonstrate products or services and provide assistance in the best application of products or services.
• Apply knowledge of NFPA standards to analyze hazards and identify appropriate design approach.
• Read and comprehend plans and specifications.
• Prepare detailed cost estimates including design, materials, fabrication, equipment, permits, subcontracts, consulting fees, and installation labor.
• Negotiate, review, and execute price and terms of agreements.
• Meet with contractors and subcontractors on site to review site conditions and discuss bid scope when necessary.
• Maintain knowledge and have a clear understanding on the application of all local and national codes, specifications, and guidelines set forth by authorities having jurisdiction.
• Participate in pre-bid, pre-construction, and post project completion meetings.
• Meet productivity and timeline goals for bids produced.
• Other job duties as assigned.
• NICET certification or the strong commitment to gain certification.
• 10+ years of experience in the fire protection industry.
• Strong computer skills with proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office software.
• Thorough understanding of general construction methods, practices, and terminology.
• Excellent written, verbal, interpersonal and presentation skills.
• Strong knowledge of local and national fire and building codes & government regulations.
• Must have a valid driver’s license.
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Denver
Job Segment: Chemical Research, Sales Rep, Estimator, Engineer, Engineering, Sales, Finance