Kiewit Corporation Structural Design Engineer in Denver, Colorado
Date: Apr 12, 2017
Location: Denver, CO, US
Requisition ID: 64681
Kiewit is one of North America's largest and most respected construction and engineering organizations. With its roots dating back to 1884, the employee-owned company operates through a network of offices and projects in the United States, Canada, Mexico and Australia. Kiewit offers construction and engineering services in a variety of markets including transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building and mining. Kiewit had 2016 revenues of $8.6 billion and employs more than 20,000 staff and craft employees.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Consistently recognized as one of the best places to work in North America and in 2015, named one of Fortune’s Most Admired Companies
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from day one of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development, and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is one of North America’s largest and most respected construction and engineering organizations. With its roots dating back to 1884, the employee-owned company operates through a network of offices and projects in the United States, Canada and Australia. Kiewit offers construction and engineering services in a variety of markets including transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building and mining.
Kiewit Engineering Group Inc. is seeking a Structural Designer for bridge and infrastructure construction projects in the Englewood, Colorado office. We are looking for the ideal candidate to perform a variety of design and analysis tasks related to steel and concrete bridges, construction methods, design reviews, and conceptual and final designs. The Structural Designer should have at least 2-3 years’ experience in engineering plan production, be technically competent and familiar with current technical tools/programs/software, and CADD production practices.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Work under the supervision of a Professional Engineer to develop preliminary and final design engineering, plans and details,
• Coordinate tasks with CADD technicians to develop design plans and details,
• Identify and understand technical requirements of projects and implement engineering principles to develop solutions,
• Identify, interpret and apply appropriate design standards and codes; ensure compliance with contract documents,
• Assist in developing budget and schedule requirements for design tasks,
• Participate in technical meetings and discussions; coordinate with other design disciplines and communicate impacts from design decisions of other disciplines to structural design leads,
• Integrate construction process requirements into planning and delivery of work products,
• Ensure all work is performed in compliance with Kiewit and/or project-specific Quality Management plans.
• Master’s degree or greater in Structural Engineering or Civil Engineering with a bridge design emphasis,
• 2-3 years’ experience in relevant structural engineering design,
• Fundamentals of Engineering (Engineer in Training) Certification
• Expected to take Professional Engineering exam as soon as qualified to do so in Colorado
• Strong all-around theoretical knowledge of structural engineering principles,
• Experience with the design of concrete and steel bridges, and knowledge of staged-construction analysis. Experience with Design-Build delivery preferred,
• Experience with engineering design software is essential, i.e. programs such as LUSAS, SOFiSTiK, MIDAS, etc.,
• Experience with AASHTO LRFD, CAN/CSA S-6, AISC and other North American design codes,
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written,
• Strong people skills and an ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team environment,
• Ability to travel/TDY assignments based on business needs.
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Denver
Job Segment: Construction, Engineer, Quality Manager, Design Engineer, Structural Engineer, Engineering, Quality