Kiewit Corporation Civil Lead Estimator - Water Facilities in Dallas, Texas
Date: Aug 8, 2017
Location: Dallas, TX, US
Requisition ID: 66026
Kiewit is one of North America's largest and most respected construction and engineering organizations. With its roots dating back to 1884, the employee-owned company operates through a network of offices and projects in the United States, Canada, Mexico and Australia. Kiewit offers construction and engineering services in a variety of markets including transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building and mining. Kiewit had 2016 revenues of $8.6 billion and employs more than 20,000 staff and craft employees.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Consistently recognized as one of the best places to work in North America and in 2015, named one of Fortune’s Most Admired Companies
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from day one of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development, and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit Water Facilities South has organized strategically to actively participate and capture the growing water and wastewater treatment market in open-shop areas. We intend to effectively compete and win in traditional and alternate delivery procurements and position ourselves for a sustainable future. We self-perform the majority of our work and are looking for people committed to the water construction industry.
As a Civil Lead Estimator with Kiewit Water Facilities South division you will play an integral part in the success of the organization. In this role you will provide estimates on all earthworks projects related to the construction or restoration of water/waste water treatment facilities by Kiewit Water Facilities South.
Other Duties and responsibilities include:
• Staff position reporting to the Chief Estimator and will coordinate a team of Estimators’ activities, review and approval of estimates, records maintenance, and provide guidance to team members
• Lead team efforts to provide preconstruction services to our clients. This includes developing a bid strategy, and leading and executing the entire bid process for both negotiated bids and hard bids.
• Establish and maintain budget control during Estimating/Precon phases of the project.
• Analyze, review and interpret engineering contracts, plans and specifications to develop detailed, comprehensive construction estimates for large, complex industrial projects.
• Manage the estimating function and associated workflow in a project environment. Coordinate input from internal and external groups required for estimates and proposals
Ensure estimating and proposal activities are in accordance to Kiewit codes and standards.
• Prepare and provide value engineering solutions including cost/schedule implications.
• Coordinate and maintain relationships with subcontractors and material vendors through the management of the estimating process, including solicitation of bids and constructability input.
• Assist in the development and training of other estimating staff and work with the Marketing department in preparation of responses to RFP's and RFQ's.
• Participate in interview preparations for negotiated bids and assist in the prequalification process.
• Manage dealings with subcontracts, subcontractors and/or self-perform work.
• Lead successful team ventures, including development of employees and maintaining relationships with external entities and subcontractor community.
• Fast-paced office environment; must be able to interact professionally with all levels of management while simultaneously manage a diversified workload and challenging situations efficiently and effectively; regularly sit, stand, walk and talk and listen; occasionally lift and move up objects up to 30 pounds.
• Travel in the U.S. and internationally (5-25%).
• Degree in Engineering with an emphasis in Civil, Construction Management, Drafting or related fields is preferred.
• 8+ years experience in construction/estimating
• Background in hard bid and design build procurement
• Strong background in Excel as well as Construction Estimating Software
• Candidates must possess a strong work ethic; good interpersonal skills; demonstrate good organization, verbal and written communication skills; excellent leadership skills.
• Must be open to relocation and have the ability to travel and act independently with little or no supervision and as a team player.
• Experience/exposure to multiple facets of Engineering
• Results oriented individual with the ability to effectively manage multiple priorities.
• Work as a part of a large project team including both in-house inter-discipline engineers and construction superintendents to provide clients the industry’s best of both engineering, procurement, and construction.
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Dallas
Nearest Secondary Market: Fort Worth
Job Segment: Civil Engineer, Facilities, Architecture, Estimator, Engineer, Engineering, Operations, Finance