Kiewit Corporation Water Resources/Drainage Engineer in Colorado
Date: Oct 5, 2017
Location: CO, US
Requisition ID: 66943
Kiewit is one of North America's largest and most respected construction and engineering organizations. With its roots dating back to 1884, the employee-owned company operates through a network of offices and projects in the United States, Canada, Mexico and Australia. Kiewit offers construction and engineering services in a variety of markets including transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building and mining. Kiewit had 2016 revenues of $8.6 billion and employs more than 20,000 staff and craft employees.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Consistently recognized as one of the best places to work in North America and in 2015, named one of Fortune’s Most Admired Companies
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from day one of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development, and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Our Kiewit Infrastructure Engineers Company (KIE) is a multi-faceted and leading edge division of the company that offers a variety of innovative services, including, temporary and permanent design services for current projects and new pursuits in the United States and Canada. Our design services group has offices in Colorado, Nebraska and Washington State, as well as Toronto, Canada offering expertise in structural, geotechnical, civil, drainage, roadway and materials disciplines.
KIE's key specialties include: design engineering, contract review, technical support, personnel training, design considerations, change orders, scheduling, job cost projections, and constructability and method analysis. KIE serves Kiewit districts, joint venture partners, and engineers by supporting management and supervision at all levels. From the home office or on the job site, our integrated services support Kiewit pre-bid, post-bid and through project completion.
KIE has an immediate opening for a dynamic Drainage Engineer in our growing Water Resources / Drainage Group based in Englewood, CO. The Drainage Engineer will work on an interdisciplinary team including geotechnical engineers, structural engineers, roadway engineers, estimators, schedulers and construction experts to perform engineering analysis and design in support of design-build pursuits and ongoing projects.
The candidate will be part of teams responsible for completing engineering assignments in support of heavy civil construction for Kiewit Construction Companies’ business including drainage design, detailed hydrologic and hydraulic analysis (using various models and methods), and preparation of design plans, reports and technical memoranda. This will require a broad understanding from a national perspective of the following:
o Single-event and continuous rainfall modeling
o Watershed analysis, hydrograph and peak discharge development and routing
o Software experience includes: HEC1, HEC-HMS, SWMM/XP-SWMM, TR-55, SBUH and HSPF Method programs
o Pavement drainage, culverts, storm systems, pump stations, pressure pipe, bridge sizing and scour, sediment transport, revetment design, and coastal considerations for highway drainage
- Understanding of the various FHWA hydraulic engineering circulars and design series
o Flood analysis and knowledge of the NFIP including CLOMR and LOMRs
o Stormwater quantity / quality calculations, NPDES compliance and erosion control requirements
o Software experience includes: HY-8, Culvert Master, HEC-RAS, HEC-GEORAS, Storm CAD, Civil Storm, Pond Pack, Flow Master, 2D experience helpful such as SRH-2D
• Drainage Design
o Development of drainage plans, profiles, specifications and estimates for transportation and other water resources projects. This includes developing terrain and other design components via models such as Inroads, Arc-GIS and other pre and post processing software packages.
o Software experience includes: Micro Station, AutoCAD, Arc-GIS, Geopak and Inroads or similar 3D stormwater modeling preferred.
The successful candidate must possess the following:
• BS or MS in Civil Engineering
• 5-10 years post-graduate experience.
• Design experience or Design-Build project experience preferred
• Must have excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to work with individuals at all levels of the organization and support project efforts.
• The candidate will possess strong project management skills including: scope development, schedule management and earned value management.
• The candidate will lead plan production, specifications, estimate and drainage design development and will be responsible / in charge of engineering work and will be the Engineer of Record for final design projects.
• Must have P.E./P.Eng
• This position requires travel to project offices and work sites. Ability to travel 25% of the time.
• Ability to freely access all points of a construction site in wide-ranging climates and environments.
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage qualified women, minorities, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and others to apply.
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Job Segment: Hydraulics, Construction, Architecture, Engineer, Geology, Engineering