Kiewit Corporation Senior Civil Infrastructure Engineer in Colorado
Date: Jul 10, 2017
Location: CO, US
Requisition ID: 66947
Kiewit is one of North America's largest and most respected construction and engineering organizations. With its roots dating back to 1884, the employee-owned company operates through a network of offices and projects in the United States, Canada, Mexico and Australia. Kiewit offers construction and engineering services in a variety of markets including transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building and mining. Kiewit had 2016 revenues of $8.6 billion and employs more than 20,000 staff and craft employees.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Consistently recognized as one of the best places to work in North America and in 2015, named one of Fortune’s Most Admired Companies
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from day one of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development, and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit Infrastructure Engineers (KIE) Company is a multi-faceted and leading edge division of the company that offers a variety of innovative services, including, temporary and permanent design services for current projects and new pursuits in the United States and Canada. Our design services group has offices in Colorado, Nebraska and Toronto, Canada offering expertise in structural, geotechnical, civil, drainage, roadway and materials disciplines.
KIE's key specialties include: design engineering, contract review, technical support, personnel training, design considerations, change orders, scheduling, job cost projections, and constructability & method analysis. KIE serves Kiewit districts, joint venture partners, and engineers by supporting management and supervision at all levels. From the home office or on the job site, our integrated services support Kiewit pre-bid, post-bid and through project completion.
On our team, you’ll have the opportunity to see more, touch more, and do more than you ever imagined. Working hard will not only bring you satisfaction from a job well done, but will help propel you forward in your career faster than you may expect. We’ll train you, develop your skills, and allow you to take on projects that will impact millions across North America. With top-notch health benefits, a wealth-building 401k plan, and unbeatable growth opportunities, by joining Kiewit, you’re ensuring a lifetime of success.
Responsibilities include :
• Geometric design (horizontal alignments, vertical alignments, typical sections, superelevation) of roadways and highways in accordance with industry design standards including AASHTO
• Development of 3D models utilizing InRoads, Civil3D and/or other design software.
• Material compliance verification of geometric designs through interpretation of project specific design criteria and knowledge of industry design criteria
• Interdisciplinary design coordination to ensure that project elements are designed as an integrated unit.
• Integrating quantity management tools into the design.
• Developing exhibits for meetings and proposals.
• Manage project files in ProjectWise and Sharepoint.
• Participate in Task Force meetings with other technical leads.
• Assist other technical leads with day-to-day tasks including researching/downloading project data, printing documents and preparing meeting agendas.
• Assist junior staff with Microstation and InRoads
• Minimum of ten (10) years of civil / highway design experience with an emphasis on design-build experience.
• Ability to use Microstation, AutoCAD, InRoads and Civil3D for designing roadways and complex interchanges.
• Associates degree in Civil Engineering Technology, Construction Technology, or similar program.
• Critical thinking skills necessary with the ability to plan ahead and conceptualize.
• Ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing.
• The ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• The ability to freely access all points of a construction site in wide-ranging climates and environment.
• The ability to travel (up to 25%).
• Fast-paced office environment; must be able to interact professionally with all levels of management while simultaneously manage a diversified workload and challenging situations efficiently and effectively; regularly sit, stand, walk and talk and listen; occasionally lift and move up objects up to 30 pounds.
• Travel in the U.S. and internationally (25-50%).
How we’re different
• Benefits coverage begins on your first day of employment
• Industry leading paid time off
• One of the top 401(k)/RRSP plans across all industries
• Tuition reimbursement up to $5,250 annually
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Job Segment: Civil Engineer, Construction, Engineer, Geology, Transportation, Engineering