Kiewit Corporation Field Engineer - TIC Denver in Colorado
Date: Jul 14, 2017
Location: CO, US
Requisition ID: 67146
Kiewit is one of North America's largest and most respected construction and engineering organizations. With its roots dating back to 1884, the employee-owned company operates through a network of offices and projects in the United States, Canada, Mexico and Australia. Kiewit offers construction and engineering services in a variety of markets including transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building and mining. Kiewit had 2016 revenues of $8.6 billion and employs more than 20,000 staff and craft employees.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Consistently recognized as one of the best places to work in North America and in 2015, named one of Fortune’s Most Admired Companies
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from day one of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development, and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
As a Field Engineer with Kiewit’s TIC – Denver District you will provide support, guidance and leadership in the field for our “open shop” Industrial construction projects. You will be working with a vibrant and diverse team to estimate, plan, schedule and build- mechanical, electrical and heavy industrial construction on some of the largest most exciting construction projects in the country.
Responsibilities will include:
• Support both construction and administrative - activities as assigned by the supervisor, reviewing proposals/specifications, drawings, perform material takeoffs, prepare cost estimates and attend - meetings as required
• Supervise subcontractors and communicate with vendors
• Assist in the development of- work plans, assuring quality control, managing and tracking costs and materials
• Assist with administering safety programs by recognizing hazards and assisting with developing corrective actions.
• Maintaining exceptional owner relations -while working with owner representatives to deliver a safe and quality product.
• We are looking for the next generation of workers who strive for excellence and have the drive and desire that it takes to work in the fast paced, heavy construction environment
Since our projects are located nationwide, multiple relocations are required on an as needed basis.
• The ability to travel and/or relocate as required.
• 3-10 years of construction experience
• Knowledge of Industrial construction safety and current federal & OSHA Requirements.
• Broad knowledge and ability to understand project scheduling and cost control, and to read and understand project owner specifications and engineering drawings.
• Perform quantity surveys
• Understanding of construction document control processes, RFI, and contract change procedures.
• Prime contract and subcontract administration, and construction procurement practices and procedures.
• Understanding of system turnover procedures.
• Working knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office. Familiarity with - -, Revit-, Pro Log and/or Primavera “P6” is a plus.
• Strong organizational and time management skills.
• Strong written and verbal communications skills.
• Good attention to detail, with the ability to recognize discrepancies.
• Strong work ethic – Highly motivated and willing to do what it takes to get the job done right.
• The ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
• The ability to handle changing work-conditions, deadlines, and duties.
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Job Segment: Construction, Engineer, Electrical, Field Engineer, Industrial Engineer, Engineering