Kiewit Corporation Field Engineer 2 - Central District in Colorado
Date: May 30, 2017
Location: CO, US
Requisition ID: 65801
Kiewit is one of North America's largest and most respected construction and engineering organizations. With its roots dating back to 1884, the employee-owned company operates through a network of offices and projects in the United States, Canada, Mexico and Australia. Kiewit offers construction and engineering services in a variety of markets including transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building and mining. Kiewit had 2016 revenues of $8.6 billion and employs more than 20,000 staff and craft employees.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Consistently recognized as one of the best places to work in North America and in 2015, named one of Fortune’s Most Admired Companies
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from day one of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development, and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit Central District specializes in heavy civil, transportation projects and self performs much of the work done, so be ready to get on a project and get your hands dirty! We self-perform work such as mass grading, drainage, paving, utility and more. We are looking for people committed to the construction industry and not design.
We have projects all across the United States, in large cities and small towns, so our people must be willing to go where the work is.
• Support construction activities by planning, organizing and implementing the following functions:
o project controls system
o subcontracts and materials management
o purchasing and scheduling
• Assist project management in:
o Expediting material deliveries
o Estimating and processing change orders
o Preparing monthly billings
• Degree in Construction Management, Civil Engineering or a closely related degree
• 2+ years of experience working in Infrastructure/Heavy Civil construction environment preferred
• Interest in heavy civil/transportation construction; such as highways, airports, mass transit systems, canals, dams, tunnels, earthwork, structural concrete, pipeline, etc.
• Committed to the construction industry and not the design industry- this is a hands on, construction career
• Knowledge and passion for construction safety- OSHA certification preferred
• Must be willing to relocate throughout career
• The ability to access all points of a construction site in wide-ranging climates, environment and terrain
• Ability to read and interpret construction drawings and specifications
• Strong organizational, time management and multi-tasking skills
• Strong written and verbal communications skills
• Good attention to detail, with the ability to recognize discrepancies
• Strong work ethic - willing to do what it takes to get the job done. This position will require more than 40 hours/week.
• Working knowledge of computers and experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Job Segment: Construction, Engineer, Field Engineer, Construction Engineer, Wastewater, Engineering