Kiewit Corporation Electrical Superintendent - TIC Denver in Colorado
Date: Oct 9, 2017
Location: CO, US
Requisition ID: 67145
Kiewit is one of North America's largest and most respected construction and engineering organizations. With its roots dating back to 1884, the employee-owned company operates through a network of offices and projects in the United States, Canada, Mexico and Australia. Kiewit offers construction and engineering services in a variety of markets including transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building and mining. Kiewit had 2016 revenues of $8.6 billion and employs more than 20,000 staff and craft employees.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Consistently recognized as one of the best places to work in North America and in 2015, named one of Fortune’s Most Admired Companies
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from day one of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development, and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
As an Electrical Superintendent in Kiewit’s TIC - Denver District you will supervise “open shop” Industrial construction projects. In this role your responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following: Perform daily inspections of work for Safety, Quality and Productivity --. Assure proper planning and communication is happening for all operations that you oversee. Identify and solve problems that arise. Establish budgetary guidelines for the job, and ensure that cost control measures are being followed. Provide job safety training and awareness for all personnel. Establish quality standards of all jobs, and ensure that all quality assurance and company standards are being met. Develop and manage job schedules (e.g. three week, 90 day, man loading), coordinate work with other crafts, departments, contractors and suppliers - -
Since our projects are located nationwide, multiple relocations are required on an as needed basis.
• At least five years’ experience in the Industrial construction industry, with at least three years in a supervisory role within a non-union environment.
• Previous knowledge/experience in setting/handling electrical - equipment is required
• Advanced knowledge of various construction disciplines-, safety regulations, scheduling, cost control, document control, engineering drawings and other documents, field estimates, subcontracting and procurement, and contract administration.
• Demonstrated ability to efficiently supervise and evaluate craft performance.
• Direct and supervise crews
• Broad understanding of technical electrical systems, including but not limited to:
Underground layout and installation
• Above ground systems layout and installations, including but not limited to:
Conduit, cable tray, fixture, and junction box installations.
Installations within hazardous / classified locations
Heat Trace, Lighting, Lightning Protection, Security, and other miscellaneous electrical systems
Cable pulling in conduit and tray – signal, LV & MV, Fiber-optic, etc.
MCC’s, PLC’s,and Switchgear.
Non-Segmented Bus, Iso-Phase Bus, and Cable Bus
Transformers and electrical distribution
All levels of terminations
System start-up and commissioning
Lock-out / Tag-out fundamentals
• Experience managing 20-50 craft employees at one time
• Prepared to attend meetings with as needed -
• Currently or previously held state-level electrical license.
• Must have a positive attitude and possess excellent motivational skills with the ability to motivate and manage crews.
• Adapt to new surroundings and new people
• Must be able to access all points of a construction site
• Must be able to work with a team and provide input
• Working knowledge of computers and experience with the use of Microsoft Excel and Word, Outlook, Internet Explorer, and general file management.
• Willing to travel and relocate on an as needed basis; nationwide
• Able to work in the United States without sponsorship now or in the future
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Job Segment: Construction, Electrical, Engineer, Instrumentation, Procurement, Engineering, Operations