Kiewit Corporation CES Structural CAD Design Manager in Colorado
Date: Aug 9, 2017
Location: CO, US
Requisition ID: 66164
Kiewit is one of North America's largest and most respected construction and engineering organizations. With its roots dating back to 1884, the employee-owned company operates through a network of offices and projects in the United States, Canada, Mexico and Australia. Kiewit offers construction and engineering services in a variety of markets including transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building and mining. Kiewit had 2016 revenues of $8.6 billion and employs more than 20,000 staff and craft employees.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Consistently recognized as one of the best places to work in North America and in 2015, named one of Fortune’s Most Admired Companies
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from day one of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development, and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit Infrastructure Engineers is seeking a Structural Lead CAD Designer for our Construction
Engineering Services (CES) in the KIE Englewood, Colorado office. Looking for the ideal candidate to have
the ability to lead the CES CAD team with scheduling out tasks, mentoring and reviewing drawing
layouts. They would also perform a variety of design and CADD production tasks related to temporary
structures supporting construction. The Structural Designer should have at least 10 years’ experience in
engineering plan production, be technically advanced and familiar with current technical
tools/programs/software, and CADD production practices.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
· In office work primarily
· Scheduling and prioritizing task within a fast paced environment
· Mentor young CAD team with Design engineering practices and structural elements.
· Perform CAD Reviews to insure drawing packages are displaying consistency, constructability
and are following KIE standards.
· Work with engineering team in developing preliminary and final design plans and details.
· Detailing of structural connections for steel and concrete structures
· Use AutoCAD and 3D modeling software.
· Participate in design reviews to evaluate design concepts and make recommendations.
· Producing documents with MS Office; Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
· 10+ years’ experience in CAD production of structural designs
· 1+ years’ management experience
· General knowledge of engineering principles and materials for civil/structural work
· Read and understand construction documents
· Strong background in Bridge design and construction.
· Familiar with temporary design for structures; falsework, formwork, demolition.
· Must have AutoCAD knowledge.
· Basic skills in Microsoft Office products (Excel, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint)
· Basic knowledge of 3D modeling
· The ability to clearly communicate and collaborate well with Engineers and Designers.
· Critical thinking skills necessary with the ability to plan ahead and conceptualize
· Capable of recognizing discrepancies with strong attention to det
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Job Segment: Drafting, CAD, Engineer, Manager, Water Treatment, Engineering, Management