Kiewit Corporation Project Engineer- Building Group in CO, Texas
Date: Jul 29, 2017
Location: CO, TX, DC, HI, AK, NE, US
Requisition ID: 65228
Kiewit is one of North America's largest and most respected construction and engineering organizations. With its roots dating back to 1884, the employee-owned company operates through a network of offices and projects in the United States, Canada, Mexico and Australia. Kiewit offers construction and engineering services in a variety of markets including transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building and mining. Kiewit had 2016 revenues of $8.6 billion and employs more than 20,000 staff and craft employees.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Consistently recognized as one of the best places to work in North America and in 2015, named one of Fortune’s Most Admired Companies
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from day one of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development, and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
We have projects all across the United States, in large cities and small towns, so our people must be willing to go where the work is. Job assignment location will be determined approximately 30 days out from start date.
Kiewit Building Group is currently seeking Project Engineers. Kiewit specializes in constructing office buildings, industrial complexes, education and sports facilities, hotels, hospitals, transportation terminals, science and technology facilities, manufacturing, retail and special-use facilities as well as extensive interior construction with tenant improvements. Its capabilities include general construction, construction management, design-build, design-assist and turn-key project development. Kiewit also provides fast, accurate preconstruction project management services. During the past 10 years, Kiewit has performed construction services for more than 1,100 vertical construction projects, totaling $7.5 billion in revenue.
On our larger projects, the Project Engineer is responsible for the management of a team of field and office engineers. This position serves as the main channel of information between the Project Manager and the team and therefore requires strong interpersonal and time management skills. This role also requires strong mentorship skills as the Project Engineer will be expected to develop the team below them. Project Engineers may work as the Project Manager on some of our smaller projects.
• Cash flow management
• Financial Reporting and Forecasting
• Quantity control
• Project closeout and commissioning
• Client relations
• Operations planning
• Contract / subcontract administration
• Change Management
• Minimum of 5 years of hands-on experience in construction or engineering
• Experience in commercial/ structural construction; such as hospitals, stadiums, school buildings, office buildings preferred
• Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Civil Engineering or a closely related degree
• Willing to relocate for first assignment and throughout career as we operate on a national scale not a regional one
• Ability to understand project scheduling and cost control
• Ability to read and understand project owner specifications and engineering drawings
• Knowledge and passion for construction safety- OSHA certification preferred
• Ability to quickly learn and understand various processes regarding the company’s policies, procedures and software programs
• Strong organizational, time management and multi-tasking skills
• Strong written and verbal communications skills
• Good attention to detail, with the ability to recognize discrepancies
• Strong work ethic - willing to do what it takes to get the job done, this position will require more than 40 hours/week
• Ability to access all points of a construction site in wide-ranging climates, environment and terrain
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Job Segment: Project Engineer, Construction, Manufacturing Engineer, Engineer, Construction Engineer, Engineering