Kiewit Corporation Experienced Safety Coordinator - Northern California District in California
Date: May 25, 2017
Location: CA, US
Requisition ID: 65748
Kiewit is one of North America's largest and most respected construction and engineering organizations. With its roots dating back to 1884, the employee-owned company operates through a network of offices and projects in the United States, Canada, Mexico and Australia. Kiewit offers construction and engineering services in a variety of markets including transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building and mining. Kiewit had 2016 revenues of $8.6 billion and employs more than 20,000 staff and craft employees.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Consistently recognized as one of the best places to work in North America and in 2015, named one of Fortune’s Most Admired Companies
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from day one of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development, and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Northern California District:
Kiewit’s Northern California District is headquartered in Fairfield, CA. We primarily perform heavy civil projects specializing in earth moving, transportation, roadways, rail, and underground utilities, while developing builders who will lead the company into the future.
The Safety Coordinator is responsible for the implementation and operations of the Project Safety Program including the development of site safety policies and procedures. They also conduct training, new hire orientation and Safety Meetings. This position is responsible for monitoring all construction work for compliance with safety requirements.
• Assist in planning, organizing and implementing district Safety Management Programs at infrastructure construction projects.
• Conduct safety training, job safety analysis, workplace audits and incident response as needed.
• Embody the Kiewit approach to safety, being constantly aware of conditions and work practices, being empowered to stop all unsafe work when needed.
• Bachelors’ Degree in Safety, Engineering or related field plus 7+ years’ construction environment safety experience OR Equivalent educational or work experience.
• Certified Safety Professional (CSP) Certification
• Ability to work in heavy construction site environment interacting effectively with staff and craft.
• Ability and willingness to relocate to project sites across the USA and/or Canada for an extended period of time.
• Fast-paced project site and project office environment; Working outdoors in ambient conditions. Interact professionally with all levels of craft, staff and management while simultaneously managing a diversified workload and challenging situations efficiently and effectively; regularly sit, stand, walk and talk and listen; occasionally lift, climb and move up objects up to 30 pounds.
• Travel in the U.S. to extended project assignments.
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Job Segment: Engineer, Wastewater, Water Treatment, Safety Engineer, Compliance, Engineering, Legal