Kiewit Corporation HR Specialist in Calgary, Alberta
Date: Sep 13, 2017
Location: Calgary, AB, CA
Requisition ID: 69351
Kiewit is one of North America's largest and most respected construction and engineering organizations. With its roots dating back to 1884, the employee-owned company operates through a network of offices and projects in the United States, Canada, Mexico and Australia. Kiewit offers construction and engineering services in a variety of markets including transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building and mining. Kiewit had 2016 revenues of $8.6 billion and employs more than 20,000 staff and craft employees.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Named to the Best Workplaces in Canada by the Great Place to Work Institute Canada for the sixth year in a row
• Extended health, dental and vision insurance where employees can get expert support for work, life, and everything in between
• RRSP plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of weekly base wages
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year, in addition to statutory holidays per each province’s guidelines
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development, and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
In this role, you will be involved in all aspects of human resources and manage a variety of special projects. Reporting to the HR Manager, you will establish strong partnerships with key leaders and execute initiatives related to attracting, developing and retaining a talented and engaged workforce. If you’re an assertive, agile, ambitious human resource professional with excellent interpersonal and leadership skills, we have an opportunity for you.
• Manage processes and policies relating to day-to-day human resource operations and compliance.
• Partner with Centers of Excellence to meet customer needs and execute the human resource business plan.
• Consult with management to facilitate initiatives that support employee performance, engagement, and retention.
• Sponsor an effective on-boarding process to ensure consistent messaging across the organization.
• Facilitate the annual performance review process and provide coaching and support to managers and employees.
• Execute projects including business plan initiatives, communications, results tracking and reporting.
• Provide guidance and support to managers in the areas of performance management, employee relations and career development.
• Lead with continuous improvement mindset to positively impact employee engagement.
• Build and maintain relationships with all levels of employees.
• Utilize and implement various human resource information systems (HRIS) and provide support to employees and managers.
• Proven experience with the key responsibilities defined above with at least three years in a human resource generalist role
• Bachelor’s degree in human resource management, business administration or a related field
• Experience supporting the execution of key human resource initiatives
• Ability to handle confidential information in strict confidence and with great sensitivity
• Understanding of current federal, provincial, local, and case law changes and the ability to monitor labor law updates
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills; strong interpersonal and facilitation skills
• Ability to effectively work with employees at all levels of the organization
• Ability to establish solid business partner relationships
• High energy with the ability to energize others
• Ability to autonomously attack problems while driving solutions collaboratively in a team environment
• Enjoys a challenge and is committed to being a team member in a high-performance organization
• Must be willing to travel and relocate as the business dictates - this position will be based in one of our project locations in Western Canada (BC, AB, SK)
Kiewit believes in equal opportunity in employment practices without discrimination, and complies with all laws regarding human rights in the provinces where we operate.
Job Segment: Chemical Research, Engineer, HR, Information Systems, HRIS, Engineering, Human Resources, Technology