Kiewit Corporation Purchasing Agent II - Entry Level in Burnaby, British Columbia
Date: Jun 9, 2017
Location: Burnaby, BC, CA
Requisition ID: 66090
Kiewit is one of North America's largest and most respected construction and engineering organizations. With its roots dating back to 1884, the employee-owned company operates through a network of offices and projects in the United States, Canada, Mexico and Australia. Kiewit offers construction and engineering services in a variety of markets including transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building and mining. Kiewit had 2016 revenues of $8.6 billion and employs more than 20,000 staff and craft employees.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Named to the Best Workplaces in Canada by the Great Place to Work Institute Canada for the sixth year in a row
• Extended health, dental and vision insurance where employees can get expert support for work, life, and everything in between
• RRSP plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of weekly base wages
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year, in addition to statutory holidays per each province’s guidelines
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development, and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
• Purchase the highest quality materials at the lowest possible cost in correct amounts per specifications and drawings with buyouts.
• Interface with various other departments and disciplines to evaluate and monitor contract performance, ensuring compliance with contractual obligations.
• Confer with staff, users and vendors to discuss defective or unacceptable goods or service and determine corrective action.
• Leverage vendors/subcontractors across multiple procurements to create cost savings to project(s).
• Research and evaluate suppliers based on price, quality, selection, service, support, availability, reliability, production and distribution capabilities and the supplier’s reputation and history.
• Participate in the supplier bid evaluation, bid analyst, development of terms and conditions and recommendations for commercial contracts.
• Monitor shipments to ensure goods come in on time and resolve problems related to undelivered goods.
• Prepare/issue Request for Proposals (RFP’s) and evaluate vendor/subcontractor proposals to identify vendors/subcontractors who meet project constraints of budget and schedule at the estimating, execution and site purchasing levels.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Power Point, Word, Excel) and have a general knowledge of database utilization; SAP Experience a plus
• Bachelor’s degree in construction management, business, engineering, supply chain management, or equivalent degree or military experience
• At least 1-3 years’ experience in an engineering and/or construction related role
• Thorough understanding of all areas of procurement, including procurement execution, estimating, expediting, offsite supplier quality, subcontract administration and site purchasing
• Detail-oriented, highly motivated with ability to effectively manage time
• Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
• Team player with the ability to work independently to meet deadlines, goals and objectives
• Ability to relocate for long and short-term field assignments
Kiewit believes in equal opportunity in employment practices without discrimination, and complies with all laws regarding human rights in the provinces where we operate.
Job Segment: Engineer, ERP, Supply Chain Manager, Purchasing, Entry Level, Engineering, Technology, Operations, Finance