Kiewit Corporation Executive Assistant in Burnaby, British Columbia
Date: Jun 16, 2017
Location: Burnaby, BC, CA
Requisition ID: 66304
Kiewit is one of North America's largest and most respected construction and engineering organizations. With its roots dating back to 1884, the employee-owned company operates through a network of offices and projects in the United States, Canada, Mexico and Australia. Kiewit offers construction and engineering services in a variety of markets including transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building and mining. Kiewit had 2016 revenues of $8.6 billion and employs more than 20,000 staff and craft employees.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Named to the Best Workplaces in Canada by the Great Place to Work Institute Canada for the sixth year in a row
• Extended health, dental and vision insurance where employees can get expert support for work, life, and everything in between
• RRSP plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of weekly base wages
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year, in addition to statutory holidays per each province’s guidelines
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development, and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
We are currently looking for a proactive Executive Assistant to support our growing demands in Kiewit’s Western Canada District Office in Burnaby, BC. This is an exciting and dynamic position where you will provide our senior leaders support to help maximize their efficiency and produce results.
Your main responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Coordinate schedules, travel arrangements and expenses.
• Greet visitors, organize and arrange meetings, coordinate meeting rooms, teleconferences and WebEx’s and catering.
• Coordinate and arrange complex travel.
• Assist with presentation preparation.
• Prepare outgoing mail and correspondence, including e-mails.
• Support the coordination for conferences and events (secure meeting locations, hotel contracts, catering, A/V requirements and purchase prizes and gifts).
• Investigate and visit local hotels as possible meeting sites for events and meetings, and make recommendations.
• Provide reception coverage.
• Participate in the Safety Committee.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and SharePoint.
• Familiar with Adobe products including Acrobat and InDesign.
• High school diploma and at least five (5) + years applicable executive-level support experience, preferably in one of the following fields: engineering, construction or oil/gas/chemicals.
• Must be a positive, pro-active, strong team participant with the ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
• Experience planning meetings in a fast-paced environment.
• Fast-paced office environment; must be able to interact professionally with all levels of management and the public while simultaneously manage a diversified workload and challenging situations efficiently and effectively; regularly sit, stand, walk and talk and listen; occasionally lift and move objects up to 30 pounds.
Western Canada District: Kiewit has been a leading heavy construction contractor since 1940 building projects from British Columbia to Manitoba to the Northwest Territories. Our work includes highways, bridges, mass transit systems, mine site development, hydroelectric powerhouses, dams and industrial facilities.
Kiewit believes in equal opportunity in employment practices without discrimination, and complies with all laws regarding human rights in the provinces where we operate.
Job Segment: Administrative Assistant, Secretary, Engineer, Developer, Executive Assistant, Administrative, Engineering, Technology