Kiewit Corporation Heavy Equipment Operator - Walnut Creek Mine in Bremond, Texas
Date: Apr 19, 2017
Location: Bremond, TX, US
Requisition ID: 64882
Kiewit is one of North America's largest and most respected construction and engineering organizations. With its roots dating back to 1884, the employee-owned company operates through a network of offices and projects in the United States, Canada, Mexico and Australia. Kiewit offers construction and engineering services in a variety of markets including transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building and mining. Kiewit had 2016 revenues of $8.6 billion and employs more than 20,000 staff and craft employees.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Consistently recognized as one of the best places to work in North America and in 2015, named one of Fortune’s Most Admired Companies
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from day one of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development, and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
• Operate heavy equipment (Haul trucks, dozers, blades) on mine roads and in pit areas.
• Observe all operation policies and procedures; report potentially unsafe conditions.
• Participate in Job Hazard Analysis of the working area.
• Perform walk around inspections.
• Five or more years related heavy equipment operation experience.
• Ability to set priorities which accurately reflect the relative importance of job responsibilities.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as manuals and labels. Ability to fill put all paperwork associated with job.
• Working independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees.
• Ability to work 12-hour rotating shifts.
• Outdoor open pit mine environment in ambient temperatures. Standing, sitting, walking, climbing. Hear radio transmissions; see fellow employees and equipment while operating. Occasional lifting up to 50 pounds
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: College Station
Job Segment: Equipment Operator, Chemical Research, Engineer, Wastewater, Water Treatment, Manufacturing, Engineering