Kiewit Corporation Mechanical (Piping) Superintendent - Water Facilities in Atlanta, Georgia
Date: Aug 31, 2017
Location: Atlanta, GA, US
Requisition ID: 68806
Kiewit is one of North America's largest and most respected construction and engineering organizations. With its roots dating back to 1884, the employee-owned company operates through a network of offices and projects in the United States, Canada, Mexico and Australia. Kiewit offers construction and engineering services in a variety of markets including transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building and mining. Kiewit had 2016 revenues of $8.6 billion and employs more than 20,000 staff and craft employees.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Consistently recognized as one of the best places to work in North America and in 2015, named one of Fortune’s Most Admired Companies
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from day one of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development, and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
This position will be based out of Kiewit’s Atlanta office. Please be aware that Kiewit works on projects all across the US and we require our employees to be open to relocation throughout their careers.
Kiewit Water Facilities South has organized strategically to actively participate and capture the growing water and wastewater treatment market in both union and open-shop areas. We intend to effectively compete and win in traditional and alternate delivery procurements and position ourselves for a sustainable future. We are looking for people committed to the water construction industry.
As a Mechanical Superintendent in Kiewit’s Water Facilities South District you will supervise Water/Wastewater construction projects. In this role your responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following: Perform daily inspections of work for Safety, Quality and Productivity --. Assure proper planning and communication is happening for all operations that you oversee. Identify and solve problems that arise. Establish budgetary guidelines for the job, and ensure that cost control measures are being followed. Provide job safety training and awareness for all personnel. Establish quality standards of all jobs, and ensure that all quality assurance and company standards are being met. Develop and manage job schedules (e.g. three week, 90 day, man loading), coordinate work with other crafts, departments, contractors and suppliers - -
• At least eight (8) years’ experience in the Industrial construction industry (preferably in Water/Wastewater), with at least five (5) years in a supervisory role within a non-union environment.
• Extensive knowledge/experience in piping and mechanical systems is required
• Advanced knowledge of various construction disciplines-, safety regulations, scheduling, cost control, document control, engineering drawings and other documents, field estimates, subcontracting and procurement, and contract administration.
• Experience managing 2-3 crews (3-15 craft employees) at one time
• Demonstrated ability to efficiently supervise and evaluate performance.
• Broad understanding of piping/mechanical systems
• Prepared to attend meetings with as needed
• Must have a positive attitude and possess excellent motivational skills with the ability to motivate and manage crews.
• Adapt to new surroundings and new people
• Must be able to access all points of a construction site
• Must be able to work with a team and provide input
• Working knowledge of computers and experience with the use of Microsoft Excel and Word, Outlook, Internet Explorer, and general file management.
• Willing to travel and relocate on an as needed basis; nationwide
• Ability to work in a fast paced construction environment
• Able to work in the United States without sponsorship now or in the future
• Able to legally and physically drive a pickup/vehicle
• Ability to lift up to 30 lbs.
• Access the work by walking, possibly up and down and ladders and earthen slopes
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Atlanta
Job Segment: Facilities, Architecture, Construction, Engineer, Procurement, Operations, Engineering