Kiewit Corporation Project Controller - TIC in All throughout the US, Colorado
Date: Sep 13, 2017
Location: All throughout the US, CO, US
Requisition ID: 69321
Kiewit is one of North America's largest and most respected construction and engineering organizations. With its roots dating back to 1884, the employee-owned company operates through a network of offices and projects in the United States, Canada, Mexico and Australia. Kiewit offers construction and engineering services in a variety of markets including transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building and mining. Kiewit had 2016 revenues of $8.6 billion and employs more than 20,000 staff and craft employees.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Consistently recognized as one of the best places to work in North America and in 2015, named one of Fortune’s Most Admired Companies
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from day one of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development, and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Although TIC Denver is headquartered in Colorado, our projects are spread across the United States. This position is a project assignment, requiring relocation. Initial onboarding will be in Denver prior to project assignment. Typical project durations run from 1-2 years.
TIC is a subsidiary of Peter Kiewit Inc. that specializes in open-shop industrial construction in the OGC, mining, power, and industrial processes industries. TIC was founded in 1974 in Steamboat Colorado as a GC in the local commercial market, becoming the go-to mining contractor in the 1990’s and 2000’s, eventually joining the Peter Kiewit family in 2008. TIC is proud to be driven by its people.
Three districts comprise the TIC company - TIC Denver based out of Denver, TIC Southern based in Houston, and TIC Power based in Kansas City.
TIC Denver is currently looking for an early career Project Controller. This person will be part of the project management team and will need to possess the skills to manage a fast-paced construction office. The ideal candidate must be able to meet deadlines and contribute to a positive, safe, high-quality culture. The construction industry is a fast-paced environment that requires decision-making and problem-solving skills. As a project controller you will be responsible for overseeing project cost controls, financial reporting, running day to day business functions, and assisting with compliance and HR. The project controller must be able to perform detailed analytics in support of management decision making that affect the overall success of the project.
• Transactional accounting (payroll, payables, receivables)
• Job cost management and reporting
• Human resources including employment law and labor compliance
• Environmental compliance
• Subcontract administration
• Tax issues
• Business law as it relates to our operations (prompt payment, liens, etc.)
• Bachelors degree in accounting, finance, or business management
• Must possess knowledge of basic cost accounting functions
• Must possess knowledge of Microsoft office products
• Strong attention to detail
• Must possess strong organizational and time management skills
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Works well independently as well as part of a team
• Must be willing and able to travel and relocate
• Physically must be able to lift 30 lbs, and be able to access all areas of the construction site.
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Job Segment: Accounts Payable, Chemical Research, Payroll, Accounting, Engineer, Finance, Engineering