Kiewit Corporation Experienced Craft Recruiter - TIC in AL, Mississippi
Date: Jun 16, 2017
Location: AL, MS, GA, LA, AL, US
Requisition ID: 66323
Kiewit is one of North America's largest and most respected construction and engineering organizations. With its roots dating back to 1884, the employee-owned company operates through a network of offices and projects in the United States, Canada, Mexico and Australia. Kiewit offers construction and engineering services in a variety of markets including transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building and mining. Kiewit had 2016 revenues of $8.6 billion and employs more than 20,000 staff and craft employees.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Consistently recognized as one of the best places to work in North America and in 2015, named one of Fortune’s Most Admired Companies
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from day one of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development, and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
We are looking for an experienced Recruiter to join our Craft Recruiting team in the South Eastern United States in support of our TIC business unit! You will be a face to our business in supporting Kiewit’s shared service recruiting initiatives to develop a network of the best talent with in-demand skills and experiences. Must be able to successfully recruit and screen talent, and fill a variety of craft roles (Welders, Electricians, Crane Operators, Pipe Welders etc.) against aggressive timelines. You will work closely with Human Resources staff and Hiring Managers throughout Kiewit and the TIC group.
• Recruit, screen, and interview candidates, and present the best talent to our hiring managers for consideration in a high volume, fast-paced environment.
• Manage a recruiting requisition load of 15-20+ job openings at a time
• Utilize SuccessFactors applicant tracking system, LinkedIn, social media, job boards such as Dice and Careerbuilder, Boolean searches, and professional / networking groups.
• Network to recruit active and passive candidates for current positions and build talent pipelines for future career opportunities.
• Extend job offers, and see candidates through the Onboarding process
• Keep knowledge current of effective staffing and recruiting trends, understand how they align with Kiewit’s business priorities, and develop a case to push your ideas forward
• Use competitive analysis to understand hiring needs and recruiting practices of talent competitors.
• 5+ years of experience recruiting craft professionals (Welders, Electricians, Crane Operators, Pipe Welders etc.) in the construction industry.
• Ability to recruit, screen, interview, and hire top talent into our business
• Ability to create, measure, and scale the right workflow between candidates, hiring managers and the recruiting team.
• Human Resources knowledge such as EEOC, FLSA, diversity recruiting, interview best practices
• Emotional Intelligence – Ability to manage emotions in positive ways to communicate effectively, empathize with others, overcome challenges, and defuse conflicts
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Outstanding customer service and problem solving skills
• Demonstrated energy, enthusiasm and initiative
• Ability to balance multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to work individually and in a team environment
• Relocatable in the South Eastern United States
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Job Segment: Recruiting, Engineer, Social Media, Wastewater, Water Treatment, Human Resources, Engineering, Marketing